|04|Half Mortal, Half Immortal|

|Chapter 04|Half Mortal, Half Immortal|

AllisonPOV

My Dad's loud growl brought us out of our own little world. "Dont you dare even go there Aro! You have no right! You're not go into get away with this!" Dad growled at him loudly, crouching down and I wasn't sure if he was about to attack or not.

This display caused the whole gaurd to erupt in growls, hisses and voices of protest, Felix and Demetri took a threatening step closer to Aro. But once again Aro quietented them down quickly.

"You know very well that I have every right, by law she belongs to me..." Aro hissed back as he glanced down at me again, my fathers hand squeezed mine as he gently pulled me half hidden behind him, protecting me with his own body.

I was confused, were they talking about me? It certainly seemed like it but I had no idea what they meant, why would I belong to him? What law? Sure I felt drawn to him but it didn't mean anything.

"Now let's get back to business shall we?" He said as he leaned his head to one side, fascinated. "I hear their strange hearts," he muttered, excited, letting out a weird creepy laugh "I smell their strange scent." Then his hazy eyes shifted to me again. "May I greet your daughter, lovely
Bella?" he asked sweetly, his eyes trained on me as I refused to meet his eyes again, it was too intense and it didn't seem like dad liked it so I decided to avoid Aro.

"But she's beautiful" he murmured. "So like you and Edward." I felt heat rise to my cheeks. "Hello, Allison." I looked at dad, he nodded.

"Hello, Aro," i answered coldly.

He didnt seem happy about my tone but ignored it, holding out his hand. I placed my hand in his knowing he wouldn't be able to read my thoughts, I shocked me how casually he offers people his hand knowing how intrusive his gift is. I smirked up at him a little although his touch sent an odd tingling feeling through my hand and down my arm.

"Hmmmm, a shield just like your mother but of course lets not forget about your second power...." he said fascinated.

Of course he now knew about me being able to manipulate one's mind he did after all read dad's thoughts, that's probably why he wants me, I have a power that he finds useful.

Aro than reached out to Renesmee and she reached out too and showed him what she was ment to with her gift.

Aro's eyes were bemused. "What is it?" Caius hissed from behind. He seemed infuriated by the need to ask, as he was being kept in the dark, lacking the mid reading capabilities Aro possessed.

"Half mortal, half immortal," Aro announced to him and the rest of the guard without stopping his staring at me. "Conceived so, and carried by this newborn while she was still human."

"Impossible," Caius scoffed.

"Do you think they've fooled me, then, brother?" Aro's expression was greatly amused, but Caius flinched. "Is the heartbeat you hear a trickery as well?"

Caius scowled, looking as chagrined as if Aro's gentle questions had been blows.
"Calmly and carefully, brother," Aro cautioned, still smiling at me. "I know well how you love your justice, but there is no justice in acting against these unique girls for their parentage. And so much to learn, so much to learn! I know you don't have my enthusiasm for collecting histories, but be tolerant with me, brother, as I add a chapter that stuns me with its improbability. We came expecting only justice and the sadness of false friends, but look what we have gained instead! A new, bright knowledge of ourselves, our possibilities."

Renesmee than showed him something else, "please?" She said to him.

"Of course I've no intent or hurting any of your dear ones, Renesmee."