|15|I'll Never Love You|

|Chapter 15|I'll Never Love You|

Entering Aro's chambers i didn't see him, so I sat on the bed and stared at the ceiling. Then I heard a voice just outside the door.

"I don't care how you do it, you find My mate?!" It was Aro he was roaring at someone again.

"Aro I'm in here, stop giving out!" I shouted.

Aro came in, sending the guard away. "My sweet, I am so sorry, I have no idea what came over me" he came over and kneeled on the floor beside the bed. "This will never happen again unless you let me, I promise."

"You're right, it'll never happen again" I sat up on the bed, "because I won't be spending any time in your company apart from the tasks."

"What?!" Aro stood up, outraged.

"You heard me" I said trying to be stern. "You nearly fucking killed me today I am not going to willingly be around you so something like that happens again"

Aro calmed a bit when I said he nearly killed me, he looked guilty but it all passed pretty quick "I can't stay away, I want to spend time with you and strengthen our bond" he said sternly.

I stood up too, outraged "Has it ever occurred to you that I don't want to?! Aro there is no bond! I won't ever let you use me or my power just so you can become stronger! I'm not that stupid you wouldn't do anything without a gain. Why can't you understand that there is no bond! I'll never love you! I hate you!" I screamed at him.

He looked rejected but I couldn't bring myself to care, I had to stay strong. "But we're mates... is that was you really think? That I'm using you for your power?" He asked, frowning as if he couldn't comprehend it.

"I don't think that Aro, I know you are, now go! Leave!" I turned away from him and stalked into the bathroom.

I heard Aro leaving as the door slammed closed, taking a hot shower I felt weird, I felt so mean. But this is what hes doing right, he's only trying to play the victim.

*

The next morning Caius came in. He opened the door without knocking and glared at me, taking a seat on the edge of the bed while I was leaning against the headboard, in the middle of reading some novel.

"When I said go talk to him i didn't mean, tell him you hate him and make him hate himself." Caius frowned.

"I told him what I think, it's not my fault" I said stubborn.

"You hardly think he made up the whole mating bond just so he can use your power?" Caius frowned even deeper.

"He's a monster, just like the rest of you. My mother said he doesn't do anything without a gain and only cares about power" I confessed

"We're monsters? You blame us for drinking human blood but humans aren't any better humans kill millions of animals daily for food, they don't have to eat meat they can get enough to survive from vegetables and fruit. Is it not our fault we are higher up on the food chain. Are we really monsters? You're only half human yourself, you should start drinking their blood too.
As for the other issue you're his mate, his true mate, the one he's destined for, you were made for each other. Aro likes his power but he wouldn't use you like that. The sooner you understand that the better." Caius lectured

Once I thought about it, he was right they were just higher up on the food chain, it's not their fault. But the mating bond? I can't get the thought out of my head, the thought that he only wants my power and he'll use it for his own gain.

"You said he hates himself? Why?" I asked more curious than concerned.

"He's refusing to feed, Hedi came in with the food today and he hasn't touched anything because he thinks he doesn't deserve to feed. He locks himself up in his office blaming himself for everything. Do you still think that this is a lie? His own mate told him she hates him. I can't imagine how that must feel." Caius sounded genuinely worried for his brother.

Under all that hard act Caius is a family guy that really cares if he gets attached even if he doesn't show it very often. I looked down, I felt guilty.

Caius stood up, giving up "why are you being so selfish, you don't even let the thought through to yourself that this between you two might work. You're a stubborn child throwing a tantrum." Shaking his head he left.

Was I being selfish? Aro took me away from my family so he could have me for himself, isn't that considered selfish? I'm being stubborn yes, I've always been. Maybe I should try? Or should I just win the game as fast as I can and get the hell out of here.

*

I called corin in and told her to tell Aro that it's time for him to give me my next task. She obediently nodded and swiftly left.

*

At noon I received word from corin that Aro said that the next task is mine and then the final one would be his. He either didn't have an idea for his task or he just wanted to be dramatic and have the final one be his. Either way I didn't care as long as I could get out of here fast.

I went to the throne room, task in mind, Aro was sitting with Marcus and Caius in their thrones as usual.

"Allison dear, what brings you here my sweet?" Aro said cheerily almost hopeful and I came to see him out of my own free will.

"My task for you." I said as I turned and walked out.

Aro quickly followed "where exactly is this task?" He asked.

"You'll find out soon" I rolled my eyes, knowing he couldn't see.

I led him out of the castle and deep into the forest. I then turned around to face him with an evil grin. He only looked at me confused.

"Hunt" I said till grinning.

"Animal blood?" Aro asked.

"Yes."

"No" He growled

"Then you fail the task" I conclude.

His eyes turned darker as he snarled and ran off. I stood shocked for a moment but then I realised that I won. So far....