|17|Human Blood|

|Chapter 17|Human Blood|

I had two choices...

I could refuse to kill Grace and fail my task. I'd be stuck here forever with Aro, forced to willingly try something with him, to accept the bond. To let him use my power as he wishes, to use me. I'd be unhappy but Grace's life would be saved... but would it really? Would Aro keep her around? No. Would he let her free? No. Would he let one of the guards kill her or he'd do it himself? Most likely. Would It really be selfish to take her life even though it would be taken either way? But would I be able to live with the guilt? Would I be able to drink human blood? What would my family think even if I went back? I'd be a monster...

Or I could drain Grace of blood, every ounce, kill her, murder her like a soulless monster. As Caius said I'm above her on the food chain, isn't that way things should be? She's so innocent, pure... she shouldn't be going through this at such a young age, or at any age at all.

But I've been working towards this, I want to go back to my own family, be happy with them, away from Aro and the Volturi. I've known Grace less than 24 hours. I don't even know her but she's so young,..

I stared at the child in my arms, the child that looked back at me with fear. I looked at Aro who was standing there with the biggest smile on his face, as if he's won already.

"Come now dear, admit you lost" he mocked smiling wider if that was even possible.

For a split second I thought I would, I thought I'd loose and spend forever here in this god damned castle with a monster to call my mate but I didn't want this, call me selfish maybe that's what I am but I didn't care.

I sunk my teeth into the girl so fast that I doubt she even registered it. The sweet taste of blood flowing down my throat as I moaned in ecstasy. I couldn't feel regret at that moment, just pleasure, it tasted so good. Her blood so pure, untainted. I threw her to the ground as I finished. Licking my lips of any excess blood.

Aro's face didn't carry a smile anymore he looked down at Grace's dead body then to me, frowning. "You did it.." he whispered.

"Yes Aro, maybe this will finally make you realise how much I want to leave, this place, leave you and go back to my family, my home." I spat at him.

"Of course my dear, you're free to go, you won, felix and demetri will fly you back to Seattle" Aro announced, his voice was dead, as if all life was drained from him.

I didn't care, I was happy, not sparing Grace another look I ran out the door, waiting just outside the main entrance to the castle for Felix and Demetri. Unfortunately Aro arrived with them. He walked up to me and trailed his fingers from my temple down to my chin, pulling my face up he leaned down and placed his lips on mine. A chaste kiss, sweet and short, a listen goodbye.

"I will miss you My sweet." Aro sighed as he unfastened his cloak and put it around me, fastening it again. I decided not to argue, it smelled nice, Aro smelled nice there's no denying that.

"I'm afraid I can't say the same Aro" I confessed causing him to slightly frown and turn away, leaving me with only Felix and Demetri.

We boarded the Jet.

"You my lady can be truly cruel" Felix shook his head with a smirk. I only rolled my eyes at him. "I'd hate to see what state Master Aro will be in over the next few days"

"If you're trying to guilt trip me isn't not working" I hissed as I made my way to the back of the jet and slept.

*

I was woken by a large hand shaking me.

"We're in Seattle my lady" Felix announced.

They opened the door, and I could smell them, human blood pulsing through their veins. I quickly jumped out but Felix caught my arm. I growled at him an snapped my teeth.

"Easy there, got a taste of human blood and you want more huh? Don't blame ya but wait till we're in a less public place" flic chuckled.

"Let go" I growled but got ignored as I continued to struggle against his hold.

Along with Demetri, Felix ran out of the city with me and let me loose in port angels.

"I trust you know the way back, We're done here, gotta head back right dem?" Felix announced and Demetri nodded.

"See you soon my lady" Demetri said as they left.

I snorted, soon my ass, never going back. At that moment I felt a shark paint around my chest, brushing it off as hunger I smelt the humans again. I ran into town and started my lunch. 4 humans later I was mildly satisfied, human blood was so good, how can my family not drink it? Right my family...

I raced to Forks careful not to be seen as my whole face, hands and clothes were covered in blood. Reaching the forest by the Cullen's I got excited, finally I'd get to see them again.

There was a growl, then another, snarling I turned to see a few wolves after me, of course they don't know it's me my hood is up although I didn't recognise the wolves there must be new ones. They continued to race after me until one stopped and howled, suddenly fast moving figures were after me too.

"Stop!" Shouted what sounded like uncle Emmett.

Being stupid I stopped which caused one of the wolves to bump into me. Thankfully I wasn't bitten.

"Ally?" Uncle Jasper Asked doubtful.

"Yeah it's me!" I smiled as I got up.

"Ally bear, that's a lot of blood what the hell happened" he asked as he picked me up a spoon me around.

"It's a long story..." I said awkwardly...