Prologue

"Brother," Aro said softly to Caius. "There appears to be no danger. This is an unusual development, but I see no threat. These half-vampire children are much like us, it appears."

"Is that your vote?" Caius demanded.

"It is." Aro confirmed in and airy voice, his eye trained on our side of the clearing.

Caius scowled, clearly unsatisfied with the outcome, they came all the way out here to return, with nothing.

"Dear ones," Aro called out in a loud voice although he didn't have to as 99% of those gathered had supernatural hearing, myself and Renesmee being the other half % each. "We do not fight today."

The guard was in an uproar. All of them were eager to fight, Aro raised his hand and said "Peace" they quitented down immediately, eager to listen to their master, there was an aura of power around this man, it was clear he was a leader and not to be messed with, and for some reason I felt drawn to him.

"We shall leave in peace today, in exchange.... " Dad interrupted Aro's speech as a loud growl erupted from his mouth, he snarled at Aro and crouched down into a defensive position right in front of me. The guard didn't like this snarling and growling back at Dad, it started to get heated when Aro called them all again, and just like that they fell listen, obeying his every move "in exchange, for one of the twins.... for Allison..." he continued as my eyes widened, I looked at him with shock filled eyes to find him already looking at me, our eyes locked. Everyone around me, erupted in growls and snarls of protest. I just stood there, frozen, looking at him, there was something about him but I just couldn't pinpoint what it was. The guard growled and snarled back, ready to pounce at their masters' order, any minute.

"SILENCE!" Caius roared, everyone calmed although glares were still exchanged by both sides, my sister latched her hand onto mine, squeezing it in fear as the blonde king's animalistic voice echoed through the trees around us.

"Cullens" the brown haired king I knew to be Marcus, caught our attention "young Allison, by law belongs to Aro. I plead with you to see reason." Marcus spoke in a quiet and calm voice although everyone heard him clearly.