Chapter 5

Nick

I looked down at the beach and she sprung up. She took off her shirt in one swift move and slid off her jeans and ran towards the water. "What the bloody....?" I ran to her and she splashed into the water. Her head bobbed out of the water. "You should get in, the waters amazing." I took off my shirt and threw it away from the water and took off my jeans and leaped in. "Holy shit this is cold."

"Hahahaha I know." She yelled from her side. "You're horrible."
"Thanks it comes with the charm."
I dove under the water and grabbed her legs. I took my head out.
"Now who's laughing?" She stuck her head out of the water.
"Still me." She menacingly giggled. She held up my boxers and tried to swim away.
"Hey get back here." I chased her through the water. She was more on the deep end. I saw her struggle to put her feet down on the sandy floor.
"Nicholas! Help!"
I swam frantically to her and grabbed her waist. I was almost on my toes. "Guess my giantness saved you."
"I'm sorry I took your shorts." I took off one hand from her waist and grabbed my shorts.
"Thank you."
I took her to shore and slid on my shorts. She looked up at the sand. "So how tall are you?"
"How tall do you think I am?"
"I'm around 5'5 and so you'd be around...."
"6'3." I finished her sentence.
"Jeez you're tall."
"Yes I am." She got up. I grabbed my shirt and we walked to the beach blanket. She wrapped her arms around her body. "Uh here." I handed her my shirt.
"No its fine."
"I insist." She took my shirt and put it on.
She sat down on blanket.
"This was cool."
"Yeah it was." She took a sip of wine and I took a grape and threw it into my mouth.
"So in all honesty did you really like my mean grilled cheese."
"Yes it was quite lovely."
"Mr. Adkins." I heard a voice from the com I had set up near the beach. I got up and pressed on the button. "Yes Ms. Smith."
"I was curious of where you were."
"Um I'm on the beach."
"Wheres Cassandra sir?"
"With me, down here."
"Oh alright enjoy..." I walked away and back to Cassandra.
"Can I call you Cassi?"
"Hmm?"
"Cassi?"
"Um thats what my mom calls me on my birthday."
"So yes?"
"Yeah its fine."
"I set up a communications system through the house and out into the beach so if anyone needed me I'm just a button away."
"Smart."
"Thank you."
"So what'd you do at that special event?"
"Talked with a couple contractors, architects."
"Lies."
"Alright... I did talk to a contractor but it didn't end well so I came home and saw that you broke that vase."
"I am sorry about that."
"I know."
"You can take it out of my paycheck."
"No it's fine."
"Really?"
"Yeah." I started cleaning up and she started to help. "You know on the first day I thought that staircase led to a boring black and gray room for only VIP guests."
"You're kidding."
"Nope whole truth."
She grabbed the wine and I took the basket. We walked up the staircase. We were both soaking wet.
"Oh heavens."
"Ms. Smith it's fine."
"Oh here darling come with me." Cassi took Ms. Smith's hand and walked to the house I walked in behind them and set the basket down on the kitchen table. "I walked to my room and caught a glimpse of her walking to shower in the guest room. I took off my clothes and got in the shower.