Chapter 18

Cassandra

I woke up with the sheet on my face. I rubbed my eyes and spun my head to the left and saw Nick sleeping next to me. He was shirtless. And then I remembered everything. 

"Oh shit," I whispered. 

"Cassie," He whispered in his sleep,"

"Yeah," I said. 

"Don't get off this bed, don't leave me," He said. His eyelids fluttered open. He cupped my face in his palm. 

"Don't you dare leave me," he repeated. 

"I won't," I said sleepily. 

6 Months Pass

I adjusted my dress and sat. The waves crashed, the sun was setting and the horizon looked pink and purple. He descended down the steps and had a bottle of wine in his hand. He said it was a special night. I nibbled at the cheese on the platter. He placed in the cooler and her grabbed the wine-opener and opened the wine. He poured the wine into the wine glasses. Our glasses clinked. I smiled. I was so happy, Nick was happy, everything was perfect. He smiled and stared at the horizon and then his eyes went wide. 

"What?"

"The sky, it's beautiful," 

"Yeah, it is," I said. He put his glass down and looked up at me. 

"Close your eyes for me, for a second," He said. 

"O-kay," I shut my eyes and heard some shuffling. 

"Okay, open," When I opened my eyes I saw a large ring staring back at me. 

"Cassandra, would you make the happiest British architect and marry me and be Mrs. Adkins?" I hesitated and then I looked into his eyes. God those eyes. I saw my future in them, I was happy, with a family, in our house, and I knew what to say.