Laughter

Kyrie- 

I flushed with embarrassment as she laughed, finding myself both entranced with the sound and thoroughly mortified that I was the subject of her laughter. Or rather, the situation I found myself in. Like a high school student caught texting in class and having his phone confiscated by the teacher.

She eventually recovers, wiping her eyes to shake the tears off her face. "I'm sorry-" she splutters, sending her into another bout of laughter. I see Delly looking at me slyly from behind Sabrina's back, a terrible look in his eyes. 

I glare back at him, with a warning glint. I also make sure to stare past Sabrina so she doesn't think I'm mad at her.

She finally finishes her second round of laughter, tears having successfully fallen down her face.

"Honestly, that is the most I have laughed in a very long time,"

"Glad my situation is funny to you," I say sarcastically, a smile on my face. I see her face contort like she'll start laughing again, and I throw my hands out frantically. "No no no no no no!"

Taking a deep breath, she visible calms herself.

"Okay, now... now I am done." There is an awkward moment of silence, I don't know what to say, but she soon fills it in. "Sorry about the loss, by the way. We'll get 'em next time."

"We can only hope," I say, another pause. "I know this is random, but do you live in Ohio... or California?" I venture, unsure. We are four games into the series and I have seen her at every one. Two at Oracle, two here. I don't have a clue where she lives or what she does. Then again... I have only known her a few days. Is that weird?

"I live in Sacramento," she explains quickly, nodding her head towards the few remaining Warriors players on the court.

"Yet you like the Cavaliers, oh you poor, poor thing! You must not have any friends."

"Hey!" She slaps me on the arm, a smile on her face regardless. "I'll have you know I am very well liked."

"At least that's what they tell you- behind your back..."

"And now your an expert on my friendships!" She teases. "I think you picked the wrong career, Kyrie, you should have been a psychic."

"I always knew it! I'm just so in tune with people and the world," My laugh dies down when I see David motioning that we have to go. "Look, uhm, Sabrina, Coach says we've got to be heading out. So," I pause. "Will I see you Game Five?"

She nods her head. "Wouldn't miss it!"

How .The .Hell does she afford tickets to all these games?!

Shocking even myself, I wrap my arms around her in a hug. Was that too bold? Why does she make me second guess my normally suave self?

_______________

"Matthew!" I yell, my voice trying hard to fight the smile that tries to appear. He doesn't shrink back even though I didn't call him Delly. If you want to get on his nerves, call him by his first name. When I made my way to the locker rooms gathering my things, he came up behind me and started singing horrid parodies of love songs.

"Look, Mate, just say you love her and I'll let it go."

"Not likely, Mate," I respond, throwing some unfriendly emphasis on 'mate.' Jones slaps me on the shoulder as he walks by, a smirk on his face as well. "Y'all just a bunch of the most childish adults I've ever met. And I'm forced to be around you almost every day!" 

"You know you love us," Delly sings. 

"You just keep telling yourself that," I mutter under my breath, though even I know I don't mean it in the least. 

Despite the loss, everyone is still in relatively good moods. It's 2-2 and although virtually anything can happen now, it's a better position than we could have ever hoped for. LeBron gave us all a reminder to take things seriously yet enjoy it. This is supposed to be both fun and competitive. 

I guess the guys are using me as a springboard for their entertainment.

Sabrina- 

He actually hugged me. Despite my very best efforts, the second I walk out the Quicken Loans Arena, I completely fangirl. Something I'm going to have to learn to control should this-whatever this is- go anywhere. He's a superstar sure, but he's also a human. A really, really good looking human... but a human nonetheless. 

Again I feel conflicted over whether or not to text Danielle, but opt not to. So far, only me and my mother know about this. And I kind of like it.

I also find myself extremely grateful that Kyrie doesn't know who my dad is, or if he does he neglects to say anything. At some point, I'm sure he'll find out, but I'd like to be the one to tell him. I know first hand how people handle things like that. It's not always pretty. 

There are no problems on the bus ride to the hotel, and I arrive perfectly safe. The Warriors are leaving tomorrow afternoon, but I opted take a different flight so I could get work done, so I collapse on the bed right away. I never really realized how much NBA teams have to travel. Honestly, it's exhausting. 

With a smile still plastered to my face and wonderful dreams almost guaranteed, I drift off to sleep. 

__________________________________________

I make it to back to Cali mid afternoon, with plenty of time to be productive. Even though I was only gone a few days, paperwork piled up, order forms stacked up on my desk, emails arrived from various other departments and suppliers. My Boss wanted to talk to me about transferring some items to a different store and Danielle wanted to know every little detail about my trip. Did I meet any of them? If so, did I get her a date with Kevin? Will I be leaving again? Do I like her new manicure? Yes. No. Yes. Yes... kind of. 

Three cups of coffee later, I made a significant dent in the paperwork, managed to escape unscathed from Danielle's flurry of questions and signed off the the transferring of products. I relax in my leather desk chair, shaking my head at the craziness of the job. Usually, I'll try and bring work with me, but I didn't see a point this time since I wanted to spend the off moments with my mom. And apparently Klay and Kyrie. 

I still don't know what to do about Klay. Not that there is really anything to do. It did work out that I was on a different flight, though. I didn't have to see him right after he kissed me. A tiny little part of me liked it, which only confused me all the more. Stupid. Why does my dad have to be the coach of the Warriors. Of all thirty teams in the league. Why them? Why not the Cavaliers? Then I could see Kyrie all the time and wouldn't be struggling with the fact that one day, if we keep talking, I'll have to tell him my dad is Steve Kerr. 

Oh, what fun that'll be. Truthfully, I'm not sure he'll really care, but another part of me knows it's probably somewhat of a big deal. I mean, Golden State is their rival team, a block to their first championship. How well does hanging around with the head coaches daughter fly? 

So many questions, absolutely no answers, and the most absurd, how is this happening to me problems in the world.