2016 NBA Finals- Game Two

Sabrina- 

We would have gotten to Oracle earlier, except for the fact that Danielle insisted on making sure she looked perfect in case she saw Kevin again. I tried, I promise I really, really tried to tell her that he has a girlfriend and won't be interested, but she refused to listen. Apparently, "I need to learn to live a little because I'm too much of a Debby Downer." And I quote. 

I finally got her into the car after what seemed like forever and we were off. Once we got there, I used the parking pass I got, to drive closer to the Cavs entrance. We walk in still getting stares of suspicious from security but eventually we make our way to the locker room. I wasn't sure if we should even go there before the game, but Ky texted me and asked me if I could see him before hand. 

Dani looks hopefully at the frosted glass door, but I give her a very pointed look. 

"We. Are. Not. Going in there, okay?"

"But, but why?" She asks, her voice pitiful. 

"Because," I say, lower my tone so I won't be heard. "This time they might not be wearing towels." 

That doesn't really work on her, though, so I resort to knocking on the door. I think I can hear scattered laughter but I'm not sure why. 

"Whoever it is,  doors not locked," Someone yells out.  

"I know that, it's Sab. I was wondering if I could see Kyrie for a second?"  

"And Kevin," Dani whispers in my ear, but I jab her in the stomach. 

"We're about to go out for the shoot aroun-" the door open slightly and I see Kyrie's head appear in the crack. 

"Hello, Sab," He says. "You got my message." He glances at Dani before motioning me to move my head closer to him. "Can you ditch the entourage and meet me back here in like five minutes. I nod my head, stunned, and he shuts the door again. 

I stare at Dani for a second trying to figure out what to do. "You know what," I start. "I have to use the bathroom, why don't you go to our seats?" 

"Okay," Well that was easier than expected. Her hips sway as she starts to walk out towards the court when she stops and looks back at me. "By the way," she yells back. "I heard everything Kyrie said." 

Kyrie- 

Sabrina wasn't supposed to be here, really, she wasn't. At least not technically. She came back in the appointed five minutes when everyone else had gone out for shoot around. 

"Are you sure this is okay?" She asks. We're leaning against the back of my locker, hand in hand, trying to draw out the minutes before I have to leave. 

"No, but I needed you here." 

"Okay... but will this throw you off your game or anything like that?" 

"No," I say, looking at her in surprise. "You help me calm down." 

"You're nervous?" She asks almost in disbelief, and despite the soft tone, you can hear her echo around the room. "You don't seem like your nervous. I'd probably be vomiting." 

"A little bit. Not so much for losing, I'm scared of getting hurt again. Or getting hurt and losing," I bang my head against the back of the metal locker, pulling the hem of my warm up pants tightly. 

"That was a freak accident," She says. "Beside, you're stronger now. And if you play hard, you guys can totally take this win. I promise." 

"You can't keep that promise."

"We'll see about that." 

_______________________________________

The second game of the Finals is set and ready to begin. Oracle is packed with people, mostly in blue and yellow, but if you loo hard enough you'll see some maroon in there. Even just those few Cavs fans are an inspiration to our whole team, we obviously know there is thousands upon thousands of people out there rooting for us, but we always try to be aware of the fans who travel. 

Tip ball between double T and Bogut, and Tristan gets a hand underneath shoving it out to Kevin, who waits for the onslaught of Warriors to rush past before bouncing it the LeBron. 'Bron takes his time studying the defense before he sees me open and sends me a bullet pass. Stop, pull up, jumper.

Swish. 

They come down the other end and Barnes launches up a three but he misses and Bron snatches it away. I drive to the basket, but miss my layup, though several Cavs jerseys are their to get the rebound. It comes back out to me and I bank it in. Cleveland up 4-0. 

Draymond comes down and decides to try his luck with the three, but it refuses to go in. When we come back down, 'Bron misses his fade away and Curry grabs it and runs down court for a three, which also misses.

I'm not entirely sure, but if you looked at a play-by-play state sheet, it would probably just be a whole lot of "missed." 

By the end of the first quarter, I'm not feeling terrible about our game. We missed a lot of normally easy shots, but so did they. And that is the only reason why we are up two. We don't have a choice if we want to keep it close, we have to play a lot better in the other quarters. Because if we play like this, this will be a blowout. 

Or at least that's what I thought. When the end of the second quarter draws to a close, we are down by eight, which might not sound like a lot except for the fact that we have gotten better since the first quarter. 

Now there is only hope for the second half, for some wonderful idea from T-Lue, and some inspired defense from us all. 

But unfortunately, it was not to be, as Golden State runs away with a 110-77 win and taking the series 2-0 back to Cleveland. So as our team walks slowly back to the locker room, only one thought is our head. Defend the land. 

Well maybe that's the only thought in everyone else's head. For me, I'm kicking myself for missing as many shots as I did, and make a decision to come back to the court while everyone else is doing postgame interviews and practice.