What Happens In The Hallway...

Kyrie-

As gross as LeBron's comment was, by the end of the night, there was nothing I wanted more than to stumble into that room. We probably would have, too, except his house is so big, that when you're suffering from the delirium of the early morning and love, you can hardly find your way down countless hallways. I did realize the wisdom of his statement, no matter how disturbing it was. Dude knows how his teammates think.

Instead, we emerge back into the life of the party a little disheveled but still presentable. LeBron walks up behind me, shoving my shoulder with his arm, laughing as he stops in front of us. Sabrina flushes when she sees the childish grin that stretches from ear to ear, while I resort to a method that will actually work. Glaring angrily and kicking him on the inside of his shin.

"Dude, chill!" He exclaims, holding his hands up in defense. "What're are you so angry about? You hungry? Looking for some dessert?" He laughs harder now, reverting to his higher, staccato laugh that always reminds me of a young girl. I tell myself to not react, but I can feel his energy start to rub off on me and the unwanted smile spread to my face. To my side, I can Sabrina's flush getting darker and darker with embarrassment.

Thankfully, Savannah magically appears next to LeBron. She slips her arm through the crook of his.

"Babe," she says, in a tone that sounds a lot like a mother talking to her children. "Maybe we should give the two a little space for a moment."

"Oh, they had plenty of privacy!" He starts guffawing again, and his wife give Sab a sympathetic look.

"He's not usually this suggestive in front of guests," Her voice is almost apologetic, but I can sense a smile. Does everyone find us amusing? It's not like we actually went into LeBron's suggested room! Then, I realize, they would have no way of knowing that. After all, we did disappear for while and returned with a little bit of smudged lipstick and a tie askew. Maybe, possibly, an upturned collar, I don't really know. It would take too much effort to clear it up know, so I decide to hold off until our next practice.

I look around the room for anyone else to introduce Sabrina too, someone who wouldn't laugh at us. There.

"Sabrina," I ask. "Have you met Mr. Will Smith?"

"Oh! Good idea, Ky," LeBron interjects. "Let's go introd-" We start to walk away, but I look backwards slightly and see the reason he stopped talking was Savannah had planted her hands firmly on her hips and was giving him the fiercest look I think I've ever seen.

____________________________________________

Everyone loved Sabrina, they loved her gown and her shoes and her hair, apparently all things women would die over, as that statement kept being exclaimed over and over and over. I can't help but feel that is a slight overreaction, but I mean who knows with women?

I spot Kevin over by a group of guy of the room, no longer with Kate, and excuse myself from Sab for a moment.

"Dude it worked! I did it!"

"See? If you follow my advice it will always work out. I'm Dr. Love." He pauses after that and breaks out into a grin. "I never thought of that before. Maybe after my basketball career I'll go to college again and officially become Dr. Love."

"That's just terrible." I say. I talk for a little while with some of the other guys there until I can practically feel Sabrina looking for me. Turning around, I see her walking towards me.

"Ooh, dude," I hear Kevin say. "She might have said yes this time, but when she find out about that she is not going to be happy!"

Sabrina-

I flopped onto Dani's bed at probably four in the morning, she was still up, waiting for me to come home.

"Tell me everything. Like literally everything. Don't leave a single thing out!"

"Uhm," I say, rubbing my eyes from exhaustion. "There was dancing and we kissed and Will Smith was there and Kevin has a girlfriend."

"What?! No! Kev does not have a girlfriend! You're kidding me, right?"

"No, I'm afraid not,"

"Well," She ponders over this for a while. "He must have just met her there! Always time for little ole me to slip into his life."

"No, Dani," I say, yawning. "Apparently they have been together for several years now."

"Is she pretty?"

"She's Kate Bock, of course she's pretty!" I still feel guilty about breaking her heart so I add on. "I could still introduce you to Klay!"

She signs, seeming to accept that her and Kevin aren't really going to be a thing that happens. "I know, you've mentioned that before. He's just not Kev, you know? Like why did you not date Klay even after he admitted he still liked you?"

"Because, he's just not Kyrie."

With a sigh, she continues to bombard me with questions of the party and the guests. Who was there, what did they do, who did they come with. I try to give her the best answers possible, but it was so crowded with people I didn't get a chance to meet a vast majority of them.

"The only strange thing that happen," I say, trying to get her input on this matter. "Was towards the end, after Ky and I came back, people kept staring at me with these wide grins. I figured it was just because LeBron had been spreading his rumors, but they were a different kind of grin."

Danielle thinks it over for a while, examining me carefully. All of a sudden, she flicks on the main light switch and leans in closer to me, inspecting the spot where my neck meets shoulder.

"Is that what I think it is?"

I crane my head to see what she is talking about and nearly gasp.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Oh dear Lord, please no. Please don't say I walked around the rest of the party with that on my neck