One Tiny Little Question

Sabrina-

It's my last day in Cleveland and Kyrie practically begged his trainers to let him take the day off. With the help of his puppy dog eyes, which no one has actually been able to say no to, and promising an extra workout, which he told me probably won't happen, he succeeded.

"So where are we going?" I ask him, heaving my duffel bag into the back of my rental car.

"Somewhere very, very fun," is his elusive answer. With a sigh, we walk back into his house so he can change.

"And you're positive that what I am wearing is okay?"

"As positive as I can be!"

"Dude...that doesn't help me. At all." I squint up at him. All he has told me about our 'very, very fun day' is that it is well... fun. By that time in the day, I was already wearing a pair of light wash, ripped shorts and a loose fitting blouse.

Kyrie sprints up the stairs to his closet, telling me to just stay here.

"Remember, I'm faster than you!" He taunts as he gets farther and farther away. In a futile attempt, I hurl the nearest pillow at him, even though I know full well I can't throw nearly far enough to hit him.

"And how would you know that?" I yell up to him.

"Because, Sab, it took you like an hour to put mascara on."

I roll my eyes. It took me a hour to do my complete makeup routine and curl my hair. I have thick hair, thank you very much.

Five minutes later, he's bounding back downstairs dressed in a pair of black shorts and a white tee. His cologne reaches me before he does, a thick scent that smells strangely of pine trees after a hard rain.

"Now are you going to tell me where we're going?"

"Nope. Stop asking. You're worse than a three year old on a car trip."

_______________________________________________

I do my best to stop asking Kyrie about the plans for today, and instead settle into enjoying his descriptions and stories of Cleveland. Some of them are actually hilarious, and the ones about Kevin and more importantly 'lil Kevin' as they have dubbed his model look alike , I will probably share with Danielle. Others, which make up a large portion of his stories, are ones I could've gone without knowing. He just gave me such attention grabbing hooks, I couldn't help but asking what happened next. Oh, he's clever, that man. Very, very clever.

We've been driving around for almost forty-five minutes now and I'm almost positive now he's just driving to confuse me. Mainly because I'm pretty good with directions and I feel ninety-nine percent sure we've passed the same Forever21 store at least three times. My other main clue was the fact he wouldn't let me drive my rental car. He insisted that as long as he had his, there was no reason to rack up the mileage. I have to say I'm thankful for that, because this would have been an awful lot of useless driving.

Kyrie-

It took begging, yes, actual, physical begging, to convince my trainer to let me take the day off. Apparently in his experience, people who take unscheduled days off tend to fall out of their routine quicker. And when you're a professional athlete I guess that's just not an option. So, I reached back into the ole attic and dusted off a good pair of the classic puppy dog eyes. Never fails. I had plenty of practice with them as a child and have truly become as masterfully with them as my left hand layups.

And yes, I could've still done my workout and had plenty of time to spare to get to our event, but I wanted to make sure everything was perfect. Who can you trust to do a good of a job as you want done other than yourself? No one.