Just To Make Sure

Kyrie- (sorry his is so extremely short... haha. Erm, this was supposed to be dedicated to just Sabrina's POV, but I deleted a chapter from my outline so the summary was needed.)

It's hard to repair a relationship for normal people, but it's harder still when you're in the middle of an intense basketball season and constantly flying to your next game. I rarely get to see Sabrina, but we make a point of facetiming every single day.

After the summer off, aside from workouts, it was hard to get into a routine that couldn't include her as much. We couldn't fly out on whims to see each other or spontaneously sabotage our relationship by asking to be official when drunk.

We've managed though, through our various ups and down and photoshopped Instagram photo- because, no, I was not with a groupie that night, we've made it almost five months.

I invited her as my plus one for 'Bron's New Years Eve party, and it took her way longer to say yes than I expected. And technically it was LeBron who said "Dude, invite that chick you been hanging out with." No, actually. That's a direct quote. I could tell she was nervous that she would be in a room filled with celebrities, I was too the first time, but you sort of get used to it. She and Danielle flew out together today, though I'm not sure why Dani came, and I'm getting ready to go pick Sab up.

Sabrina-

"You're positive?" I ask Dani, as she flings my now curly hair over my shoulder. I can't see what the back of it looks like, but from how long she was working, it must be some elaborate braid. She hands me a mirror, and spins the hotel chair around. Holy crap it's beautiful. The back of my hair is somehow twisted into a messy, pancaked braid that disappears underneath the loose ringlets that fall over my shoulder. I squeal and give her a kiss on the cheek. I can do braids, sure, but stuff like this? No way.

We move onto a makeup, a necessity when one is to be surrounded by celebrities, and several Youtube videos later, we've finally decided on a gold smokey eye. Dani does my false lashes because I have never, not once, been able to put them on successfully and I set to work trying to my face look flawless. I'm not used to wearing so much makeup and I feel somewhat unlike myself, but I keep reminding myself this is what other people will look like.

It takes a while, but we finally come to a stop, admiring the finished look.

"Honestly, Sab, I would kill to be in your shoes right now," Dani says, adjusting a curl over my shoulder. "Okay, well maybe not, because it would, like, totally suck to be in jail, but damn do you look gorgeous."

"Thanks, boo," I fidget my dress, a tight red dress. It reminds me in a way of the dress I was thinking about on our first date, except this time it's long and red and Dani told me yes. Apparently, this is an acceptable time to wear this type of dress and first dates are not. Usually I could figure that out, but you never know with celebrities.

"The least you could do," She says, with a pout on her face. "Is bring me home a Kevin Lo-" My phone starts to vibrate against the counter top, and I have to dive to catch it before it falls. It's Kyrie.

"Hey, Ky."

"I'm here, babe," I can hear the smile in his voice, but I see Dani glaring at me from across the room.

"Tell him he better pick you up at your door!" She whispers, her tone tight. I roll my eyes but concede to whatever idea she has stored up in that California bleached brain.

"Dani says you should pick me up at the door.... Is that okay?" Right as I finish, there is knocking on our door. Looking through the peephole, Dani confirms it's him and lets him in. "Okay, then," I say, grabbing my coat and walking towards the door. "Either you are extremely fast or you were already up here."

"I," He whispers, wrapping an arm around my waist. "Am the fastest man alive and You. Look. Stunning." I laugh off his comment, placing a light kiss on his cheek. We start to leave, when I hear Dani's series of purposeful coughs.

"Ahem," she begins. "I would like to have a word with the man of the night." Bewildered, Kyrie releases me and we step into the room. It's still a pretty small hotel room so when they step into the 'living room' I can still faintly make out their conversation.

"Look, I don't really fu-" My eyes shoot open at Dani's choice of words, apparently she has no qualms about celebrities. "-care if you are Kyrie Andrew Irving and the man she's had a crush on forever. She is not another girl that you just break her heart and expect her to come crawling back. If you don't want her, she doesn't want you either. Status doesn't matter to her like it might for other girls." Oh, please, Dani, don't say anything about my dad. He doesn't know yet. "You had a chance with her and you blew it. And against my better judgement you're back here with her so be careful. If she comes here in a wreck because you were kissing some other gir-" He hold up his hands defensively.

"Woah woah woah! Look, Danielle Marie Tuner, I don't really know why you perceive me like that but I'm not, okay? When I find a girl I like, I keep her. Alright?" She looks at him under her long eyelashes for a several painful seconds before conceding.

"Fine. You may go."

_________________________________________

There are actual, physical celebrities here. I don't mean Savannah and LeBron James, who are here, by the way, and holy crap are they a gorgeous couple. I mean people like Will Smith and is that Obama? Okay, I'm kidding, I'm kidding. About Obama.  Everyone else is actually here.

It took the longest time for people to stop coming up to me, escorted by Kyrie Irving, and asking was I an actress or a singer and if so what have I been in/done.  They usually started by complimenting my dress, to which Ky always replies: "Yup, she is absolutely beautiful," and it never failed to make me blush. Especially since it was followed by the aforementioned celebrity status question.

Nope. Sorry to disappoint, but I'm just your average human who happened to have Kyrie Irving waltz into her life. And yeah, I totally went to parties with insanely popular people all the time before I met him. Ever heard of Harrison Ford? Yeah, we're pretty much besties. Not. 

It's all a little overwhelming, seeing as I was still becoming fully accustomed to Kyrie's way of life and his celebrity status. Then to just throw me into a room of the most beautiful people in probably the whole world is just a little overwhelming. Like these are the people paparazzi fight to the death over. And okay, maybe they don't fight to the death, but these are the people that will make you money in the tabloid business.

I'm really just trying to let go an immerse myself in the environment. Kyrie wouldn't have brought me if he was embarrassed of me or if he thought I couldn't live up to the standards of everyone else. I find, that as the night goes on, I'm actually enjoying myself. And then I feel Kyrie grab my waist with his hand, tilting his mouth to my ear.

"Can I talk to you for a second?"