4.3 Oberyn Martell

Arabella opened her eyes after a shallow sleep and rose from bed

Arabella opened her eyes after a shallow sleep and rose from bed. It was Joffrey's wedding day. She didn't want to go there, but he made her do it.

Before her handmaidens could come in, she dressed up and kept her hair simple. She didn't have to be pretty for anyone else no more.

A few handmaidens walked in and stopped when they saw Arabella, already ready. Her eyes were still red. "You're ready?" one of them asked, wondering if she needed help with hair and her face.

Arabella nodded and left her room.

<...>

Margaery was walking with her father hand-in-hand, coming to Joffrey. Arabella stood next to Sansa and Tyrion her eyes down.

Joffrey linked his arms with Margaery's. He put a coat on her. Arabella raised her eyes and they filled with hate and pain.

The Septon started saying the words. Joffrey then turned around. "With this kiss I pledge my love." he then kissed Margaery. Everyone started clapping. Tyrion started as well and glanced at Arabella, who stood there with no emotions showing.

Margaery and Joffrey turned to look at the cheering people. Margaery was smiling from ear to ear, wanting Arabella to punch her. "We have a new queen." Sansa said silently to her husband and her brother's wife.

"Better her than you." Tyrion answered as they watched the new royal couple.

<...>

The feast was huge, as normal for a king. In her surprise, Arabella was sitting next to Sansa, in the main kings table. Lady Olenna walked over to Sansa. She started talking about Robb's death. Arabella heard it and clenched her jaw.

"Your eyes... They're red..." Tyrion told her as he was sitting next to her.

"I know. I came back here not to hide myself. Not anymore." she answered dully looking at the singers, singing to Joffrey.

"Very good, very good." Joffrey said irritated. He threw them money and the singers left. Arabella saw Jaime looking at her. She didn't break the contact as he frowned and looked away. "Everyone!" Joffrey stood up. "The Queen would like to say a few words."

Everyone started clapping. Margaery stood up. "We are so fortunate to enjoy this marvelous food and drink. Not all among us is so lucky. To thank the Gods to bringing the recent war to a just end, King Joffrey has decreed that the leftovers from our feast be given to the poorest in his city..."

<...>

Arabella saw Brienne walking over to Joffrey. She then walked away, but Cersei started talking with Brienne.

Arabella decided to leave her place as she couldn't look at Joffrey anymore. A few people watched her move around and that angered her.

She stopped at the food tables to walk away from people. Her back was pressed to a statue as she breathed in and out. "Queen Arabella." she heard a voice with a deep accent and looked up. The man was tall, handsome and was wearing different clothing.

"I'm sorry, who are you?" she asked quietly and raised her eyebrow.

"Prince Oberyn Martell." he bowed his head down with a side smirk playing on his lips.

"Arabella Stark." she answered not afraid to use the Stark name as her own. "But you shouldn't call me a Queen. I'm not anymore..."

"I have no one to fear." he said smiling. She stared at him and looked away then. "I should also say I'm sorry for your loss. I noticed your eyes and it sure doesn't look like you were going behind your husbands back..."

"I don't care what anyone thinks, says or believes in about me and my husband." she told him in a low voice.

"By all means, I didn't want to insult you." he told her.

"It's hard to insult me, Prince Oberyn." she started walking away.

"Is it?" he asked her. She kept her tears in and left him stand.

Cersei and Tywin were coming her way. She walked past them not even saying a word. "Arabella." someone grabbed her hand. She turned around and saw Jaime. She yanked her arm away and started walking again, as if nothing had happened.

Jaime ran in front of her, blocking her way. She stopped. "Can we talk?" he asked.

"I have nothing to say." she answered dully raising her brown dark eyes.

"I'm sorry." he began. "I'm sorry for everything I've done. The things I've said, I did. What do I have to do to gain your trust back?"

"You have to bring my husband back." she answered with tears in her eyes. Jaime loosened his hand on her arm.

"You knew this would've happened anytime..." he told her and she narrowed her eyes.

Arabella stared at him disgusted and shook her head. "Keep your words to yourself, uncle. I don't care what you think... Nice hand." she left him and came back to Tyrion and Sansa.

Joffrey was glaring at her from his seat. He then smirked and stood up, gaining everyone's attention. "Everyone! My sister will tell us about the night the traitor got killed!" he shouted laughing. Everyone looked at Arabella.

Tyrion, Cersei, Sansa, Oberyn and Varys weren't clapping. Even the Tyrell's didn't seem happy. "Come on, sister!"

Tyrion wanted to defend her, but Arabella shook her head at him and stood up, with shaking hands.

Vote, read, comment.