6.4 Different

There was a brief knock on her door

There was a brief knock on her door. She looked back and opened it. She saw Jon, standing with a bowl of soup. "Can I come in?" he asked. She smiled letting him through.

Arabella closed the door and went to sit on her bed. "I brought you something to eat," he handed her the wooden bowl. She thanked him before sipping it. Her nose scrunched a little. "It's not good." Jon said nodding.

"No, it's okay," she answered. "I stayed here for a while, Jon. I'm kind of used to such food now" she teased and he smiled. "I like your new hair. It suits you."

Jon chuckled before drinking his ale. "Did you talk with Sansa?" she asked finishing her bowl of hot soup and placing the empty bowl on the ground.

"We did. We talked about Winterfell... How she wants to take it back." he said sadly.

"I can't believe she married Ramsay Bolton," Arabella sighed then let out a breathless laugh. "But who am I to judge her? Now, give me some ale."

He handed her the cup and she drank some. Unlike Sansa, Arabella liked the taste of it. She finished the whole cup and looked at Jon, who had his eyebrows raised. "I'm such a Fathers child." she joked placing the cup on her lap. "This is strong..."

"It is," he nodded staring at her brown bright eyes. "I never thought you'd come back. I thought I'd never see you again."

Arabella looked down and opened her mouth to speak but didn't. "I heard some people--" she began but stopped again. "I heard some people talking about you. They told you came back to life." she said sadly, not believing that it was actually true.

Jon was looking down the whole time she spoke, not talking. "If that's true... I'm glad you're back." she smiled touching his hand.

"I'm not," he mused standing up. Arabella did the same with a concerned look on his face.

"Why not?" she asked. Jon stared at her for a couple of seconds and without a second thought he walked over to her and crashed his lips to hers. He grabbed her waist and deepened the kiss.

Arabella didn't pull away as she liked his roughness on her. He growled silently through the kiss and grabbed the back of her nightgown.

Before he could rip it off, both of them heard a siren outside. Arabella pulled away. Jon let go of her and left.

She sighed, put on her coat and followed Jon. She saw Sansa standing next to Jon. Caine was next to Sansa.

Arabella saw men, soldiers. Davos walked over to the Princess. "What is going on?" she asked him looking around.

"They're here because of you," Davos answered and she looked at him confused. He motioned for her to go down and she did.

"Why are you here?" she asked loudly with a confused facial expression. One soldier stepped out in front.

"We are here to pledge our loyalty to the only real heir to the Throne. The only Baratheon!" he shouted to everyone. Arabella looked around. She didn't know how to respond.

She didn't want the Throne. All she wanted was to be happy.

Arabella looked at Jon and Caine. They both understood her expression. "I don't want the Throne!" she said and frowned herself. All the soldiers looked around. But one of them spoke something she didn't expect.

"We still want to serve you, your Grace!" he smiled a little.

She looked down amused a little then back up, more confident. "How many men are going to serve me?" she asked raising her head a little.

"One thousand, Princess," Davos answered from behind her.

"Very well," she nodded, acting all noble, but in reality she was scared. "And I pledge my loyalty to you. That you shall always have a place at my..." she wanted to say 'home', but then she realized that she didn't have any home.

All the soldiers drew their swords and kneeled in front of her. Arabella used to dream about such moments but all she felt was pain and bitter happiness. "Rise," she told them. "Ser Davos, may I have a word with you?"

"Yes, Your Grace," he smiled and they both walked into her room.

"I don't know what I'll do with them," she sighed frustrated and actually considering leaving with Caine. "I don't have a home, money or enough food to give them..."

Davos looked at her. She somehow reminded him of Stannis. The way she spoke, walked and looked. "There are many wars to come, Your Grace--"

"I'm not a Queen, you don't have to call me like that," she shook her head.

"Alright," he nodded and looked at her. "Let me handle this situation."

Vote, read, comment.