5.8 Melisandre

In the following days Arabella had to lay in bed

In the following days Arabella had to lay in bed. She wasn't feeling well because of the heavy belly and pregnancy. Caine didn't leave her side. "Maester Aemon should see you." Caine argued for the millionth time and she rolled her eyes playfully.

"I went to him yesterday. He told me I am fine." she answered stroking someone inside that she knew was a boy.

"He's old and blind." Caine sighed and shook his head seeing her tired eyes.

"Sam also took a look at me. He told me that it is normal for a pregnant woman to be like that." Arabella explained patiently.

"He isn't--"

"Stop." she said and he closed his mouth. "I am feeling well. It's just sickness." she told him seeing that he was more nervous than she was.

"Maybe that Red Woman should see you?" he asked her.

"No." Arabella cut him off with a shake of her head. There was a knock on her door. Melisandre walked in. Arabella furrowed her eyebrows.

Melisandre smiled at Caine. "Can you leave me alone with Princess?" she asked with a silky voice. Caine looked at Arabella for approval. She hesitated before nodding.

Caine left them alone. Melisandre followed him by her look while Bella glared at her. "What a nice man you have." she commented turning her look back at the laying Princess. "I was waiting for you." she told her. "Stannis always mentioned you so I had to see who you are."

"Is that it, m'lady?" Arabella asked her uncomfortably.

"Not at all." Melisandre mused. "Robb Stark's child."

Arabella was caught off guard and squirmed in her bed. "Yes." she said unusually.

Melisandre walked closer and sat on the side of the bed. Arabella felt even more uneasy with the woman near. "Do not be afraid, Arabella." Melisandre smiled. "You're not an evil person."

She widened her eyes. How did Melisandre know the words that only Robb told her when they were alone? Arabella felt tears in her eyes. "I see death in your eyes. You've seen so much death at such young age. Lots of people died because they met you. You're a death bringer." Melisandre whispered. "Death bringer."

"Get out!" Arabella yelled angry. "Leave me alone!"

Melisandre smiled calmly and even arrogantly. Caine then barged in. "Princess commands to leave." he said lowly. Melisandre stood up and left. "What did that witch tell you?"

Arabella wiped her tears quickly. "Nothing. Leave me." she sat up. Caine looked at her again and decided to leave.

Arabella didn't know how to feel. The worst part was that most of it was true. Everyone she met, loved or showed affection towards died. She feared for Jon, Caine and Stannis. But mostly for her unborn child.

Arabella thought about it for an hour. She then raised from her bed and decided to talk with Jon. "Where are you going?" Caine asked her outside her room.

"To see Jon." she answered not looking at him. Caine rolled his eyes but still followed her.

Jon was talking with Melisandre. She was very close to him. But somehow he was enchanted by her. Even if he loved another.

Arabella walked in and saw them almost kissing. Jon stood up quickly. Arabella stood there with a blank face. "Leave." Jon told Melisandre. She walked past Arabella and stopped.

"You know nothing, Jon Snow." she said to Jon and left. Jon seemed broken by these words just as Arabella was with Robb's.

"What were you doing?" she asked him while managing to sit down.

"She was doing something I didn't want to do." he answered glancing at her and also sitting down.

"Good." Arabella stated. Jon thought that maybe Arabella was jealous. "I don't trust her..."

Jon looked down. "Uncle told me that you denied his offer to become a Stark." Arabella brought up a theme.

"My place is here. At the Wall. Not with him..." Jon shook his head.

Arabella grabbed his hand and took it with hers. "You're place is with me. Me and Reddard are your family." she said softly squeezing his arm gently. "That's why you should've taken it. But either way we're family."

Jon wanted to be so much more than just a family to her. Though he knew that her one true love was Robb. "You are my husband's brother. My child's Uncle. I know I'll be safe with you..."

"Of course you will." he smiled caressing her hand softly.

Arabella felt a kick and breathed out. She looked at Jon with intriguing face. "Reddard is one of a kicker, isn't he?" Jon laughed.

Arabella did too. "He is." she smiled looking down at the little human inside that she wanted to come so much.

Vote, read, comment.