6.11 Loving you

Arabella walked into her tent

Arabella walked into her tent. Caine, of course, followed suit. "You're afraid he will die," Caine mused.

"Again?" she sighed looking off to space before pouring herself some vine. She remembered how Cersei used to drink it.

"Can I have some too?" he asked. She nodded and Caine poured himself some liquid too. He sat down on a bench next to her.

Arabella was thinking deeply. Her eyebrows were furrowed. "Do you miss your family?" she then asked turning to Caine.

He thought about it for a second. "I'm used to being away from them. I never got along with father or Loras. Margaery and I... We were close before she lied to that handmaiden. I miss my grandmother."

"I've talked with her a couple of times," Arabella smiled. "She's a feisty lady."

"She is," Caine laughed and looked down at her. "And you? Do you miss your family?"

"My family is here. I am with them. And yes, I am terrified that Jon might die. I'm afraid that Sansa will have to go back to Ramsay Bolton. That you'll die. I don't even care if his soldiers will fuck me, because I won't have any family left," she answered with a small shrug.

"If they die, we leave. I won't fight in the battle," he told her. "I won't let anyone hurt you, Bella."

"I've heard these words before and look where it got me," she stared down while silently sipping her vine.

"I'm not Robb," he told her while shaking his head.

"No you're not," she sighed and then Jon walked in.

"May I speak with you?" he asked her. Arabella placed her goblet on the table and nodded. Caine didn't hide his dissatisfaction and left.

Jon watched him leave and went over to her. Arabella looked extremely beautiful that night. Her brown hair fell on her shoulders lightly. Her cheeks were burning in pink.

He touched her cheeks slowly as she stared at him in awe. "If I don't come back tomorrow, promise me you'll cry me over," he told her. Her face changed into a confused and scared one.

"I promise," she whispered. "But I won't have to do this. You'll come back."

He smiled a little. "I love you," he confessed. Arabella's body tensed and she looked away a little. "You were my first love. Then I met a wildling named Ygritte. I truly loved her. But then she died and I lost all of my feelings. When you came back and all of them came flooding in and even more," he told her words he wanted to tell the first night he saw her.

"You know I can't. We can't," she shook her head and pulled away completely.

"Is it because of Caine? Do you love him?" he asked simply, without any bit of jealousy. She admired that.

"It is because of Robb. I told this to Caine and now I'm telling you. I can't forget him. As much as I love you, I just can't. When I kiss you I can feel him staring at us. He wouldn't want that." she sighed looking down, ashamed.

Opposite to Caine, Jon didn't argue. "You didn't answer my question. Do you love Caine?"

"Not as much as you," she confessed with heartfelt eyes. Jon didn't show happiness but inside he was ready to go and kiss her.

"Alright," he nodded and she saw a small smile lingering on his lips. "I'll go now."

He started walking away. "Jon!" she called after. He turned around and she hugged him. He hugged her back and rested his head on hers. He wanted to go back to her at any cost.

Jon kissed the top of her head and she squeezed her eyes as her heart broke out from fear and sadness. He then pulled away and left.

She wiped her tears.

<...>

Young Arabella walked into her Father's room. He was drinking vine. There weren't any whores around. "Father," she said. Robert turned to look at her and smiled. She sat down on his lap.

"What are you doing here, little buck?" he asked beeping her nose. She giggled. "Where is your mother?"

"She's with little Joffrey," she answered, her speaking a little unclear since she was just almost two.

"Well, what shall we do?" he asked her. Robert would only be happy with his daughter around. After Lyanna's death he changed. But then Arabella was born. It brought new colors to his life.

"I know!" she exclaimed. "Carry me around the room!"

"Oh yeah?!" he smirked and stood up before showing her his back. "Jump on, buck."

She jumped on his back and he caught her legs before she could fall. Robert started running around the chamber. Arabella's loud laughter brought a smile on his face as it rang through the halls of Red Keep.

<...>

She wished she could come back to that moment.

Vote, read, comment.