6.15 Unexpected

A week or more passed since Caine left

A week or more passed since Caine left. Arabella felt sickness everyday. She thought it was guilt but in reality other minds were telling her a very similar feeling she felt back when Robb was alive.

She was looking through the window as Lords of North kept riding inside for the feast. Sansa came back with the Maester. "She's sick everyday," the girl informed him in worry.

Arabella remembered when she got pregnant with Reddard. But she didn't think of that possibility since Jon told her that she would never bear children.

Maester checked her and furrowed his eyebrows. "When was the last time you bled?" he asked and she raised her eyes at him, surprised. Sansa seemed to think deeply with an unreadable expression on her face.

"You must be mistaken," Arabella shook her head slowly. "I can't bear children."

"I apologize, m'lady, but all the signs are telling me that you are indeed carrying a child," he answered with a look on his face. "Trust me, I've seen mothers, who couldn't have children bear five or six."

"Leave us alone," Sansa said in a strict manner. Maester left and Arabella looked down. "Is it Jon's?"

"How do you know?" she questioned just above a whisper as her eyes built up with tears.

"I am not stupid," Sansa told her in a slight offense, "I've seen the way you look at each other. Tell me, did you ever love Robb?"

At that Arabella grew furious. She didn't want anyone calling out her love for Robb. "I did, I still do, Sansa," she said with gritted teeth. "You shouldn't be the one questioning it. But I can't cry over it for the rest of my life..."

"And you chose Jon?!" she raised her voice and Arabella laughed bitterly.

"I'm sorry, but you are telling me I chose a wrong person?" she asked angrily, meaning Ramsay. Sansa took a step back. "I guess we're both awful."

"Jon needs to know," Sansa told her after calming down.  Arabella sat back down and sighed.

"I ruined everything again, didn't I?" she questioned looking up at the Stark girl. Sansa did feel sorry for Arabella at some point. "I did love Robb, Sansa. And I love Jon." she then saw him standing in the doorway. He smiled at her and she wondered whether he heard their conversation.

"I'll leave you," Sansa mused before leaving the room and closing the door.

"I'm carrying your child," Arabella said without any emotions. This wasn't what she wanted.

Jon was shocked. Sure, he did wanted children. But he didn't know that it was possible with Arabella. "Maester told me that I can bear children. I guess Sam was wrong." she sighed.

"You seem depressed," he said growing rather sad as he saw her face.

"Aren't you?" she questioned again, this time more softly. Jon grabbed a chair and sat on it before grabbing her hands into his and kissing them. She smiled faintly.

"Everyone would be happy having children with the person they love," he shrugged and she clenched her jaw.

"This is wrong," she exclaimed angrily and saw Jon's expression change. "I'm sorry, I'm just surprised. Of course, I'm happy that Gods gave me a chance of being a mother again."

He kissed her lips softly and she smiled closing her eyes. "Will you be my wife?" he suddenly questioned causing her to pull away. "I don't want my child to be a bastard just like me..."

"No," she shook her head taking his cheek into her hand and softly stroking it. "I won't repeat my past mistakes. You're a Warden of the North now. That means there will be offers for you to marry. And you'll marry her..."

"No," Jon shook his head, but Arabella was stronger this time.

"Yes," she assured him seriously. "Our child will have your name. Snow. And he or she will live a life you lived."

"Do you want our child to live like I did?" he asked angrily.

"He'll be loved by me and you," she corrected herself and he rolled his brown eyes. "You grew up with Ned Stark. He was such a good man. And I'm sure you'll be just as good as he was." she nodded and that made Jon change his mind.

"I promise I'll love him just as much as I love you," he whispered before they shared another kiss.

A handmaiden walked in. "Everyone is waiting you at the big hall," she informed and Jon stood up.

"Are you coming?" Jon asked her. She sighed and nodded as both of them left.

One chapter left.

Vote, read, comment.