A late birthday

A/N: enjoy the eclipses? It didn't get 100% dark where I live just got shady I was bummed out but I guess it happens! Enjoy the chapter!

-Ash!💜

(Maria pov)
*one month later*

I decided we would throw Duke a birthday party. Yes I know its July and his birthday was in April but He needs a  birthday party.

He told Trenton his never had a party before, broke my heart. Every child deserves a birthday party.

Its gonna be a baseball theme. The ball room looks like a baseball stadium, it's so cute. We have kids that duke was friends with from the adoption agency coming.

Carly is coming and some of the family friends kids are coming, We are expecting about 20 kids maybe more. More the merrier!
This should be fun.

Plus some other exciting news we got Dukes new birth certificate he is now Duke Troy Newman!

(Duke pov)
*Party time*

Holy cow!! I have the best parents ever. I finally got a birthday party, aunt Carly is here and my friends from my old home are here.

there's Tommy(6), Amber(7), Chris(7), Holly(6), Jerry(9), Kevin(8), Perrie(6), Niall(9), Lottie(8) and Doris(5).

There still waiting to get adopted but I'm sure they will get new homes fast.

Back to my amazing party. We have a baseball game going On with some of us kids and the rest are playing something else.

Our teams Are.

Blue team: Tommy(leader), Dawn, Jerry, Shane, Emily, Anna, William and Ashton.

Green team: Duke (leader), Joey, Chris, Niall, Amber, Lottie, Harry and Kevin.

So far its Blue: 5 Green: 6
Mom said we could only play 4 inings instead of 9, Cause 9 would take all day.

Were on the bottom of the 3rd ining and my team is on the "field" I still think its crazy we are playing in the ballroom that's now a baseball stadium set up.

*skip to the end*

My team won! My team won! Mom gave us each a gold metal that said 'duke's birthday party baseball game winner' the other team got metals as well that said 'duke's birthday party baseball party runners up'

now it's take time! I love my cake! Isn't is awesome? Everyone sang happy birthday to me a ate all the cake! Now it's present time!

My friends old&new brought me toy cars, clothes, video games and my last present is from mommy and daddy but they won't tell me what it is!

"Duke come here for a minute" I looked and mommy was standing next to a big wrapped up box. I ran over "what is it mommy?" "I'm not telling you have to open it"

I ripped the paper off and under it was a big boy bike! That's my favorite color!!

"Thanks mommy and daddy!!!" "Your welcome sweetie" I rode my bike around, some of the people started another baseball game I didn't play I watched

"Thanks mommy and daddy!!!" "Your welcome sweetie" I rode my bike around, some of the people started another baseball game I didn't play I watched. Soon the party was over and time for everyone to go home.

(Trenton pov)

All the kids are gone, Maria went to bed a few minutes ago while Duke and I are sitting on the couch watching the movie "Up" together.

"Duke did you have a good  late birthday?" He looked at me with the biggest smile "yeah daddy! It was the best!" I smiled "I'm glad, let's finish this movie, you change and go to bed, you can take a bath in the morning"

He nodded and headed up stairs. That little boy will never know how much he has changed our life's in such a short amount of time.

Sorry it was short🙁

What you think??

Keep reading!!

Love to all!!

Ash!💗