Chapter 2

" Hey Ashley!" a girl said as I got to my locker.

" Hey Hope" I said back, giving her a smile.

" What's up?" she asked.

I opened my locker and picked up a notebook and a couple pencils and pens.

" About to go to class and doodle. Maybe sleep." I said bored.

" Oh cool! Are you doing anything after school? Me and a couple of friends are going to the movies. I have a couple cute guy friends." she said with a wink.

I laughed, trying to hide my annoyance.

" Nah. I'm busy. Got chores." I lied.
She frowned then brightened up again.

" Ok. Another time?" she asked.

I nodded and she practically skipped away yelling a goodbye.

Damn. Why is that girl always so happy?

I walked to my class and sat down, pulling out my notebook and start doodling.

A couple minutes later, everybody began filing in and my friends came and sat around.

" Hey Ashley." Brittany said.

" Hey!" Kayla exclaimed.

" What's up?" Jonathan said cooly.

I nodded my head at them and didn't look up.

I drew some more circles and swirls.
The teacher began talking and they all turned around in their seats, unsatisfied.

I got bored of sketching and decided to put my earphones in my phone and turn on my favorite song " Ain't no other man" by Christina Aguilera.
I put my head down and closed my eyes, mouthing to the words to myself.
Not too long later I heard somebody yelling my name and I looked up and took out one earbud. My teacher stood over me, his face really red.

" Pay attention! Next time it's detention." he said through his teeth.

Everybody was staring and I looked at them with a disgusted face. I turned back to my teacher and raised an eyebrow.

" Relax. Nobody is listening anyways." I said.

He sighed and folded his arms across his chest. He's used to this with me.

" Yes. Some people care about their education. Now give me your phone and I'll give it back to you at the end of class." he said.

" No." I said stubbornly.

He raised an eyebrow.

" Office." he stated then walked back to the front of the classroom.

I put my stuff back in my bag and put my earbud back in.

I walked out, closing the door softly and walked to the office.

The office lady looked up at me then back at her screen.

" Go on back Ashley." she said.

I went back to his office, knowing exactly where it was and walked in without knocking.

Mr. Smith looked up at me and sighed.
I took a seat in front of his desk and looked at him with my big blue eyes.

" What did you do now?" he asked.

" Well John I was minding my own business, listening to music, when my teacher told me to pay attention. Blah blah blah. In the end I'm in your office." I said bored.

I leaned back.

He didn't correct me from using his first name. Why would he? We practically know each other like we live in the same house.