Chater 25

We didn't move for what felt like an hour. I heard the door and removed myself from Tyler's warmth. He looked at me and I looked away. He wiped my eyes and leaned against the kitchen counter casually just as Daniel walked in.

He looked at Tyler with a stink look then turned his attention back to me. He looked at me with curiosity and my bottom lip trembled. His eyes filled with sympathy quickly and pulled me into a firm hug. I cried again.

" Was it Tyler?" he mumbled into my ear.

I shook my head but didn't pull my face away from his chest.

" I miss dad," I whispered low enough so Tyler couldn't hear me.

He squeezed me tighter then gave me a peck on the top of my head. He grabbed a bottle of water and opened it.

" He call?"

I nodded and sniffled.

" Have any more time?"

I shook my head and he frowned.

" Alright. Well I'm going to bed. Goodnight Ashley."

" Goodnight."

He gave Tyler a slight nod and Tyler did the same thing back. I went into the living room and lied down, curling into a ball and closing my eyes. I felt Tyler's presence but didn't make any movement. I know he was sitting on the floor next to me on the couch. I felt myself drifting but tried to stay awake.

" We'll aren't you a little tired."

I groaned and would have made a smart remark but was too sleepy to. He chuckled and my heart leapt from the sound.

" You want me to go?"

" No," I mumbled.

He didn't answer but I knew he was smiling. I wish I knew what he is thinking right now. Is he thinking about me? About my lips? About my body? All the things I'm thinking about if him.

" Go to sleep."

" Shut up," I mumbled before drifting off to sleep, thinking about my dad.

***

I heard Tyler laugh and kept my eyes closed, enjoying his laughter while I could.

" You're awake."

I opened my eyes in shock. I looked around and saw I was laying in my bed with a blanket placed over me. Tyler was holding his phone to his ear, sitting in one of my chairs with his legs propped up. He gave me a smirk.

" Your'e breathing pattern changes."

I gave myself a mental slap on the forehead. Duh!

" How'd I get up here?"

" Santa came and decided to bring you up to bed."

" Ha ha real funny."

I stretched and positioned myself in an upward position, resting on my shoulder. I felt a pain in my stomach but ignored it. He continued to talk on the phone and I raised an eyebrow.

" My dad," he mouthed.

" Tell him I say hi."

Tyler told him and continued their conversation. I fiddled with my hair and Tyler watched me as he talked. I made a face at him and he smiled. He wrapped up his conversation with his dad and hung up. He slid his phone into his pocket.

" What time is it?"

" Around three or four in the morning."

" Why are you still here?!"