Chapter 11

My phone was ringing and I groaned. I didn't open my eyes as I accepted the call.

" Hello," I grumbled.

" Good morning sunshine," I heard Tyler's voice say through the phone.

I groaned.

" It would be a good morning if-"

" If I was by your side when you woke up. I know sweets."

I snorted but smiled to myself softly.

" No. I was saying it would be a good morning if I could get some sleep," I said.

I opened my eyes and saw that it was three in the afternoon. Damn! Why hasn't Daniel woken me up? It is kind of quiet..

" Oh hush. It's three o'clock. Couldn't sleep?"

I sighed and got up, walking to the bathroom.

" Not really," I said, turning on the faucet and put some toothpaste on my toothbrush.

" Why?" he asked seriously now.

I thought about how I was thinking about my mom and my life before she left. Also about the kiss...

I blushed at the remembrance and began brushing my teeth, putting my phone on speaker and setting it on speaker.

" Just thinking," I said, with my toothbrush in my mouth.

I spit then gargled and began washing my face with my Proactive.

" About...," he pushed.

" Nothing important. What are you doing?"

" Laying in bed. It's obviously important of you couldn't sleep."

I sighed and began rinsing the soap off my face.

" Another time maybe," I said hesitantly.

I could hear him breathing and was oddly comforted by it.

I stripped down and jumped into the shower, pulling the phone closer to the edge of the counter so I wouldn't have to speak so loud.

" Really? First brushing your teeth then taking a shower?" he asked, a slight tease in his voice.

" Well I don't like smelling like shit," I said, raising my voice a bit so he could hear me.

The hot was soothed my muscles and I relaxed.

" Want to come over?" he asked.

" No funny business," I said.

He laughed.

" My parents are home. Fuck that."

I laughed.

" Well, I guess. Give me around an hour?" I asked, wrapping up my shower.

" Why an hour?"

" Gotta talk to Daniel. He was too tired last night to talk," I responded, wrapping a towel around my body.

" Oh. Sounds exciting. Can I come over with some popcorn?"

" Imagine me rolling my eyes. A hour. Bye."

I heard him laughing before I hung up on him. I went to my room and slipped on a pair of dark denim jeans with a red sweater and white scarf. I slipped my phone into my pocket and walked downstairs, flexing my knee a bit.

It was feeling better today and I was happy I could at least bend it a bit now. I walked to the living room, knowing Daniel was going to be sprawled across the couch, and sat down on the chair opposite of him.