50 Years Later

Ashley's POV

"Lena can you get me some water?"

A young woman around her thirty's got up and kissed my forehead gently. She had black wavy hair and green eyes that twinkled when she smiled.

" Yeah mom."

She got up and walked to the door to go inside.

" You want some dad?"

A man with gray hair nooded.

" Yeah."

She smiled and went inside. I looked out and saw our grand kids running around the front yard, playing cops and robbers. The man next to me took my hand and I looked at him.

" We made a beautiful daughter," he said for maybe the millionth time in his life.

I smiled.

" Yeah we did Tyler."

" They are all beautiful because of me though," he said with a smirk.

I rolled my eyes and he laughed, giving my hand a gentle squeeze.

" I'm just messing with you. They all have your hair wierdly. Lena and her kids."

I looked back at our grand kids. It was true. All of them had my hair, the hair I used to hate because my mom had it. I quickly came to loving it though. Tyler and I only had one child, which was Lena. She married a tall handsome man and they had four beautiful kids. All boys. Lena was the only one that got something from Tyler. He still isn't too happy about it.

" Yeah. My genes are stronger than yours," I said looking back at him.

He smiled and stroked his thumb across my hand.

" Whatever."

I took in the way he looked right now. Where we were.

We were sitting on our front porch of a wooden cabin. It was summer time and our lawn was filled with flowers and the trees leaves we're a brigt green. Tyler's hair had started to gray early and most of it is gray now. Luckily, he didn't loose hair and still feels the same way it did when we were teenagers. He had a small belly that slightly hung over his belt but I didn't mind. He was wrinkly but I am too. He still looks handsome as ever to me.

" I love you asshole," I said gently.

He smiled and leaned in, giving me a quick kiss.

I'm surprised his kisses still effect me the same way as back then.

" I love you too sweets," he whispered.

***

" It was nice for Lena to drop by for a visit. I was starting to miss her," Tyler said, crawling into bed with me.

I lied down on my side and he did the same. Even though it was dark I could faintly see his face.

" Starting? I started missing her the second she left last time."

He chuckled and I smiled.

" How has Daniel and Veronica been?"

I smiled even bigger at the thought of them. They moved to Italy when I graduated high school and started a family, having five kids. They call every now and then but I still miss them terribly. I want to meet my nieces and nephews.

" They were good the last time they called."

Tyler ran a hand over my arm.

" That's good. Are we going to visit your mom and dads grave tomorrow like usual?"

My dad passed away about ten years ago. Had a heart attack. After rehab he stayed clean for the rest of his life and I was really proud of him for that. Our relationship got healthier than ever before. When he died I promised myself I would visit his grave every Sunday. And I have. As for my mom. I searched her up when I was in my twenty's. Tyler thought it would be a good idea for closure. When I found her she was in a grave. She died in a fatal car crash. When it happened I was around twelve. I did the math. For the four years she was gone she had a stable job and lived alone in an apartment in New York. She left her wills behind for me and Daniel. Also a note for Daniel, my dad and I. She never had the courage to send it. I still haven't read it. My dad did and so did Daniel. None of us talk about what they say. That's between them and mom. I'll read it when I'm ready.

" As always," I said to Tyler.

I cuddled next to him under the sheets and he wrapped his arm around my waist,pulling me closer.

" How's your parents?" I asked.

" They are fine We can visit them next week."

Tyler's parents are still alive but are very old and on many different machines to keep them alive in a nursery home.

" Ok."

Tyler gave me another slow kiss, this one a bit longer.

" Goodnight my beautiful sweets."

I smiled and closed my eyes, loving his touch.

" Goodnight my handsome asshole."

Through good and bad, we made it. And I'm so glad I forgave him on that special day, fifty years ago.

I could hear his breathing pattern change and knew he was asleep. I kissed his cheek then rested my head on his soft chest, using it as my pillow.

" I love you, my asshole."