Chapter 24

" And now we are just friends," I finished off.

Tyler and Daniel were still upstairs and I could hear them raising their voices every now and then but I ignored it.

" Wow. So you decided to stay friends?"

I nodded. It sucked that we are only friends but there is no way in hell I am ready to forgive him.

" Well, let's see how long you two will last," Veronica said with a small smile.

I looked at her confused and she giggled.

" Let's see how long you two will last being friends. You two will get back together sooner or later."

I rolled my eyes but I secretly hoped that we would. I hate that I've become so soft because of Tyler. I just don't understand how I have become this way. How he has changed me. Victoria and I heard a door open upstairs and turned our heads towards the stairs. Daniel and Tyler were coming downstairs.

Daniel didn't look at me as he walked outside and slammed the door shut behind him. Victoria looked at me and got up.

" Leave him alone," I said knowingly.

She made a face and thought whether if she should listen to me or not.

" I guess I'll wait in his room," she said hesitantly.

She looked at Tyler, gave him a look of recognition then walked upstairs and closed the door behind her softly. I sat criss crossed and looked at Tyler. He was still standing and rubbing the back of his neck.

" What's going on?"

He groaned and turned to me.

" Just Daniel being Daniel."

He sat down on the armrest of a chair.

" What did he say?"

" It's none of your business."

I raised an eyebrow and crossed my arms over my chest. He rolled his eyes.

" Ask him yourself. I can see why you cuss all the time too."

I stared into his eyes and he looked back at me.

" It's bothering you," I stated.

He gave me a tiny smile before turning back serious.

" Damn I live that about you. Basically all he said was I am a careless asshole and the only reason he didn't go out an beat my ass is because you told him not to. He also said that we will never get back together and if I ever hurt you again then there is going to be serious trouble. And that's the nice way," he have a sour laugh.

I groaned.

" You can't blame him though."

He made a face and got up, going to the kitchen.

" I'm starving. Imma pop in a pizza."

" You still act as if you own this place," I called out to him.

I heard him laugh and my heart leaped with joy from just hearing it. I turned on the tv and flipped through the channels before landing on a random movie. He came in and sat down beside me.

" What movie is this?"

I shrugged and he nodded. We sat and watched the movie. After a while Daniel came back inside, his hair ruffed up as if he had been running his hands through it, distressed.

" Hey Daniel."

He gave me a nod.

" I smell pizza," he said, walking towards the kitchen.