Chapter 20

I replayed the song " The language" by Drake for the third time. Tyler groaned but didn't say anything. It's been a couple hours of us just listening to music, not speaking. We had finished the bag of chips and the bag was thrown on the floor.

I looked through his songs to see what song I wanted to play next when a message came through.

Julie: Last night was fun. Parents aren't home again(;

I took a double look at it and took a quick glance at Tyler. His eyes were closed and he was mumbling some of the lyrics. He must not of heard the vibration. I knew what I was about to do was wrong but I was curious. I responded pretending I was Tyler.

Tyler: Parents not home?

Julie texted back quickly.

Julie: No parents. Wont come back until wee hours. Come?(;

Tyler: What are we going to do?

Julie: Have fun dummy. Don't you remember last night?

Tyler: Kind of. I was on some pills. Remind me?

My heart was pounding and my vision was blurring.

No. This can't be real. Please let her say this was a mistake. Texting the wrong person.

Julie: Sex stupid(; So you coming?

I took a sharp breath and threw his phone across the room, the earplugs yanking out of our ears. Tyler's eyes snapped open.

" My phone! What was that for?!"

I looked at him with unshed tears.

" Sweets. What's wrong?"

I pushed him and he fell off the bed.

" Don't fucking sweets me!" I yelled at him.

He got up and looked at me.

" What did I do?"

" Look at your phone," I said through my teeth.

He cautiously looked at his phone and scrolled through the messages. He sighed and rubbed a hand on the back of his neck. He sat his phone back down and tried to come to me.

" Stay where you are before I fucking hurt you."

He stopped and held up his hands.

" Ashley. Let me explain."

" No. I thought you were at a guy friends house. A GUY. Not with some other bitch fucking her," I yelled.

" Look. She said she was lonely-"

I cut him off.

" No. I'm assuming that text was from her. Asking you for sex. And you left me. For her. To have good hot sex."

" It's not like that. We-"

" Then what was it like Tyler? Because what it seems like to me is that you left me so you could be with her and have sex then probably spend the night there. Then come here and come saying bullshit like I missed you and kiss me."

My heart was beating fast and I was sitting upright now. My hands were in a fist and my chest felt tight. He didn't say anything.

" Tell me! Am I right?"

He didn't answer. I jumped up and got in his face.

" Am I right?!"

He sighed and didn't even flinch when I yelled at him.