Chapter 10

His lips were so smooth and it tasted like stale hot chocolate but I didn't care.

My body warmed up and my heart raced as I kissed him back slowly. Tyler placed his hand that wasn't holding mine behind my neck so the kiss deepened. He licked my bottom lip and I opened slightly so he could access.

I felt his lips against mine, his tongue exploring and my lungs cried for air but my lips wanted more.

Tyler pulled away but rested his forehead against mine. We were both breathing heavily and my heart was pounding. I opened my eyes and looked into his.

He tugged my ponytail slightly and I gave him a small smile.

I just kissed Tyler. Tyler just kissed me. We kissed. His tongue was in my mouth. My tongue was in his.

I liked it.

A lot.

My phone rang and we both jumped, breaking us out of the moment. I clumsily picked up the phone and answered.

" Hello?"

" Hey. Where the hell are you? It's going on eleven o'clock!"

Daniel sounded pissed but more worried.

" Really?! I lost track of time. I'm with Tyler and-" I stopped.

What should I say. That we just kissed and it seemed like only seconds but had lasted for around a half hour or so.

That we have been sitting in the cold on a hill looking at the city from above.

" And..."

" And we are coming right now. We'll be there in twenty maybe thirty minutes," I said quickly.

Tyler rubbed his thumb against the top of my hand and I lost my breath.

" Come home. Understand?"

I nodded then after realizing he couldn't see me, I whispered a yes and he hung up.

I put my phone in my pocket and sighed.

" Daniel?" Tyler asked.

I turned to him and nodded sadly. He pulled me back against him and put his lips to my ear.

" We could stay here for a little while longer," he whispered in my ear then laid a soft kiss on it.

I took in a breath, trying to keep cool.

How is this boy making me this way?

" I need to go home. It going on eleven and he's starting to worry."

Tyler didn't pull away instantly. But when he did I was disappointed. I liked him being so close to me that I could smell his coconut shampoo and cologne sprayed evenly across his body.

" Eleven? I didn't notice," he mumbled, more to himself.

He got up and brushed off his ass before helping me up. I brushed off my ass before walking over to Tyler's car. I got in, making sure I still had my phone in my pocket and buckled in.

As soon as Tyler was done reversing he took my hand and locked our fingers together, resting it on the box in between the seats.

My heart leaped happily and I quickly thought about my mental wall.

Has he broken it down? Do I actually care about him? Is he my boyfriend?

I looked over at him and took in every detail I could see of his profile. Every curve in his face, how long his eyelashes were. Everything.

We kept the radio off but I didn't mind the silence. It was comforting.

Twenty minutes later we pulled into my driveway and saw a glow from a tv in my dads room. The porch light was on and I didn't make a move to get out.

I turned to him and he faced me.

" So I know this is stupid and I already know the answer but being the good guy I am, I'm going to ask anyways. Will you be my girlfriend?"

I stared into his green eyes and I raised an eyebrow.

" Already know the answer? I'm guessing it's your ego talking again huh?"

By his reaction I could tell he wasn't ready for that remark but he quickly recovered with a smirk.

" Yes it is sweets. You'll be hearing lots of him."

I rolled my eyes.

" Sadly I'm going to have to increase your ego boost. But yes. I will."

He smiled and squeezed my hand gently.

" As I knew before you said it."

" Lord, help me and everyone that has to witness his ego coming out and becoming bigger," I mumbled to myself.

He leaned into me and laughed softly.

" Whatever," he said.

" That's my word," I said, childish.

He chuckled and I bit my bottom lip to keep from smiling. He kissed me softly but to my disappointment, it only lasted two seconds.

" When you bite your bottom lip you look pretty sexy," he whispered huskily.

I blushed.

" So I'm not sexy when I'm not biting my lip?"

He smirked.

" Nope. Quite ugly in fact."

I slapped my hand across his chest playfully and unbuckled. He laughed.

" You know I think you're beautiful," he said.

I opened the car door and got out.

" Goodnight asshole," I said with a slight smile.

He smiled.

" Not a nice word. I need to teach you some manners."

I glared at him but I was smiling so the effect didn't work too well.

" Shut up."

" Goodnight Ashley. Sweet dreams."

I closed the door and walked up my front steps and waved a quick bye before opening the door, knowing Daniel had left it unlocked so I could come in when I got here.

I heard Tyler's car pull out the driveway as I closed the door behind me. I took off my jacket and hung them up then took off my boots and left them at the front door.

" We'll talk in the morning. I'm going to bed. I'm tired," Daniel said, walking upstairs.

I followed him.

" You could have went to bed," I mumbled.

" You know I couldn't even if I tried," he said, turning towards me from his bedroom doorway, two doors down from mine.

" Goodnight," I said softly.

That was my way of saying sorry and Daniel's eyes quickly softened.

" Goodnight young one."

I went into my room and didn't bother changing. I got into bed and set my phone on the nightstand. I pulled the covers over me and looked up at the ceiling, thinking about any and everything.