// chapter three

"We're heeeeereeeeeee!" I exaggeratedly said whilst spreading my hands in the air, spinning as Mark with wrinkled forehead,trailed behind me, carrying my pink suitcase.

"I missed this place so so much--," I added, halting with a worried expression. "This place better be worth it Hana," Mark stepped in front of me and fixed my scarf with furrowed brows. Pursing my lips, I felt my body feeling tensed. "It's been a while" I said.

"Where are we going to stay though?" He asked, taking a few steps away as he pushed our suitcases forward. "Since our old house is currenlty under construction, we'll stay at a hotel with free accomodations," i explained, looking around as we entered a group of people that were about to cross the road. "Mom had already fixed it for us so there's nothing to be worried of Mark! All we have to do is enjoy" i added.

He heaved a bitter sigh as we both walked our way, together with the crowd, to the other side of the road.

--

"Aaah, I am so tired,"

Mark dropped everything he was carrying, collapsed into the bed that looked very soft and buried his head with a pillow, pretending to sleep as he fake snored.

"Get up lazy ass, let's go out and eat some street food" I replied in a thick voice as I slap his butt cheek harshly, yanking him up. "Let's sleep first Noonaaa" he answered, burying his face once more under the pillow. "Let's goooooo" I grasped mark's biceps and pulled him out of the bed, making him fall to the ground.

Still lying on the floor, I dragged him with full strength towards the door as he laughed ebulliently, enjoying himself watching me struggle. After laughing his ass off, he stood up, brushing off the non-existent dirt on his shoulder and straightened his crumpled shirt. "Your treat!" He shouted, exiting the room.

I followed Mark in the hall way and notice him slowing down. "Ya what's wrong?" I asked, catching up with him as i hung my arms in his shoulder, tip toeing. "I've never been away from home," he explained, drooping his shoulder. "Gwaenchana!" I flashed a reassuring beam, tugged his wrist and dragged him out of the hotel.

It's noon in Seoul and it's currently freezing cold since it's almost winter. Clustered smoke escaped our mouths as we were trying to catch our breath.

Near our hotel, there was a rental store for bicycles. We paid for a 3 hour bike rent and took off as our lips begin to crack because of the arctic wind. Mak simply followed behind me as he secretly enjoyed riding.

Once we've arrived, we locked our bikes in the parking area specially made for these types of ride and entered the crowded alleyway with sizzling barbeques and redolent variation of viands. The place was indeed hot and congested and we started to take off the layer of clothes we were wearing as we found a stall that attracted our senses the most.

It was busy and clangorous. Our forehead were wet and we had to constantly wipe our sweat with our scarves.

Mark suddenly became sedate and seemed to have enjoyed his meal. I bumped his shoulder whilst chewing the meat with buldgy cheeks. "Joha?" I said, with a smile from ear to ear. He nodded his head with satisfaction.

"Imma buy soju okay?" i stood up from my seat, looked around to find a stall that sells drinks. People who passed by me would unintentionally bump their sweaty bodies with mine. I am a petite and short lady and I am less powerful with these giant beings surrounding me. I can't easily get through the crowd. Earnestly pushing them away, I managed to move around but someone have accidentally stepped on my foot.

Annoyed and exasperated, I had to hold in my scream again. I bit my fist with my teeth as I shut my eyes, silently shouting.

Once I've found the store, the crowd had finally dispersed, I get to breathe seemly once again.

"Jogiyo, ah. Soju juseyo--" before I could even continue my sentence, something propelled on my back that made me lose my balance.

I craned my head to who or what it was with a furrowed brow and squinted eyes."ya!" I yelped.

My heart raced momentarily as I heard it beat meteorically as though it was the bass of the buffles. My entire body weakened and trembled as my eyes begin to pool with tears. His side profile was undeniably familiar, and his scent triggered my mind. I notice the involutary shaking of my hands as his skin gad touched mine.

I could barely move whilst looking at him. He was stuck with the crowd and was cursing all throughout he was in front of me. He didn't bother apoligizing or looking at my direction either. He looked straight forward , narrowing his eyes as he finally got through.

Irritated and impatient, the vendor kept on poking my back, saying "Agahssi?"

I turned to my heels, startled."Ah. Jweosonghamnida." I then fished out my wallet, paid for the drink and rushed my way back to mark. Luckily, the path was wide and spacious so I immediately returned to our table.

Panting, I took my seat as Mark shoved a fish cake into his mouth. "you took too much--"

I interrupted Mark by slamming the bottles on the table as bits of it splashed onto our faces. I then took my seat, flabbergasted.

"Ya, what the heck is wrong with you?" Mark added, chewing the fish cake.

"I saw Lee Taeyong" I whispered.