// chapter twenty-four

[[Mark’s POV]]

“Where the fuck is she?” i whispered to myself, making sure Jisung wasn’t able to hear it. “What’s the matter hyung?” Jisung said with wide eyes. “Hana. She’s not yet back.” I replied, looking over the streets across us.

“Let’s go look for her back at the convenient store.” He suggested, lightly bumping my shoulder, gesturing me to move forward. “Eomma! We’re going to look for Noona. Is it okay?” he said to aunt sue who was still being interviewed by the man in suit, who seem to be an usherette. His mom nodded while speaking to whoever was in front of her. Jisung then tugged me in my elbow and dragged me across the street without precautions.

“YA! ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL US YOU CRAZY MOTHER FUCKER! WHY DID YOU EASILY CROSS LIKE THAT?!” i barked at jisung who was mischievously snickering beside me. “Anyways,” i continued. “Where the heck is she,”

We walked around a couple of times to find the bus stop, to where we departure and luckily found a huge signage/ billboard of the convenient store she went in. “There it is hyung!” said jisung. “I know,”

When we were about to cross the road again, Jisung and I saw Hana running from the back of the store with wet and distraught face. She was certainly in fright because her eyes were unusually round and wide. She looked paler.

Wait.

“What the heck is she running away from?” I looked at the direction to where Hana was facing, which was behind her, squinted my eyes and placed my hand above my brows to see clearer but I saw no one nor anything.  “HYUNG!!!!” Jisung shouted, threw me a punch on my shoulder and shifted my body to where Hana was, which was on the floor, lying still with blood all over her dress and a delivery truck stopping in front of her.

Panicking, I was left frozen as the driver of the truck got down and called for help. Jisung pulled me to Hana with full strength while my eyes were gluing directly at her body. My heart somehow stopped beating, figuratively of course and my mind completely went blank. I didn’t know what to do nor say at all. I didn’t expect this to happen on this very day. The day when we finally made peace after the fight we had. I was supposed to tell her about the Moomin booth i saw back at Jisung’s school but I wasn’t able to do so because of our egos getting in the way.

Falling to my knees, my shoulders slumped as i tried to lift Hana’s head and lay it on my arms. Tears unintentionally escaped my eyes when I looked at her face. “H-hana?” i crooned, brushing her hair with my fingers. “Hana!!!” I shouted as people start to gather. Jisung ran back to where we came from to call Aunt Sue while the driver was dialing a number from his phone. Everyone around me were taking pictures of Hana and i. They recognized her somehow and maybe that’s why they were gathering.

I couldn’t fully blame the driver because it wasn’t done on purpose, especially when the lights indicated go. But a part of me felt like tearing that person limb by limb.

I lightly shook Hana to wake her up but there was no sign at all. It was impossible for her to be awake by simply shaking her body. “Noona. Wake up.” I repeatedly muttered with quivering lips and cold fingers.

I was dead curious what she was trying to run away from and I was sure it wasn’t because of Taeyong because I just saw him leave with his parents’ body guard before i had to come for hana. Taeyong isn’t the suspect here, neither am I.

“Who did this to you—“

Someone abruptly pulled me away from hana, made me stand up and threw me at the side. Unable to stand, i was sitting on the ground with my hands at my side, supporting my body. “Sorry sir” said the medic who carefully carried hana and placed her body on a patients’ bed.

“Mark!” i heard aunt sue’s voice from behind getting closer and I felt a little relieved because i know she knows what to do in situations like this. She helped get up, hugged me tightly. While I was in her embrace, I felt her heart beat meteorically as though it was blaring out of her chest in panic.

“Everything’s going to be fine” Jisung said, caressing my shoulder lightly. “Aniyo. Things aren’t going to be fine dude” I replied as my voice cracked.

--

25,27 or 30 chapters?????