Chapter 1

I very intently gazed at all the passersby while sipping my hot chocolate in Starbucks. It was a great place to just relax in between classes and look at all the people, all with different lives, with different meanings. 

All this really interested me because my own life was so boring and plain, besides the fact that my parents were pretty well loaded, but that doesn't mean that my life is filled with luxuries or I'm spoilt rotten.

My parents always wanted me and my brother to have a normal childhood, or as normal as it could be considering that they were almost never home, but they never let us feel their absence in any way possible.

Every morning before Connor (My idiot of a brother) and I left for school, we would find homemade packed lunches (courtesy of Maria, our amazing cook) and cute little notes and quotes attached to them, personally sent from mom to Maria. 

They would Skype us almost every single day and would make an effort to be with us on any special day or whenever we needed them. We loved our parents no matter how much distance was between us.

But back to the moment at hand. Sipping on my drink, there was only one thing I could think about..."Aaaaahhhhhhh, this was the perfect relaxation time I needed." School was a real bummer at the moment. Who would've thought Senior year would be this hard? (note the sarcasm)

Just as I was de-stressing myself, my phone started to buzz.

I checked it without hesitation, knowing very well that it was probably my favorite person in the world...Kenzie.

McKenzie Michaels was my best friend, my other, more outgoing and bubbly half. She was the one that talked me into doing most of the things my mind fought against, that the quiet and more self conscious part of me never wanted to do.

"Yeah, Kenz?" I mumbled into the phone, staring down at the apple sitting in the perfectly set fruit basket in the middle of the table.

"Okay, so I was talking to Niki about Mason, you know, that hot quarterback, and she said that she heard from someone else that Stephen Murano was talking about you." I could see Connor staring at me, clearly entertained by whatever look was on my face as he chuckled quietly.

"Stephen?" I repeated, the name leaving my mouth slowly, sliding of my tongue with a certain bitterness.

Why was Stephen Murano talking about me? 

"Yes, Al," she spoke slowly as if she was talking to a child," Stephen Murano was allegedly talking about you, any idea why though?" I wracked my brain trying to think of a ny reason why the bad boy of Evermoore high would be talking about me, but came up with nothing.

"I have no idea Kenz, maybe it was just a mistake by Niki or whoever told her that. Everybody knows I can't stand the guy and I'm pretty sure the feeling's mutual. Beats me why that conceited Calvin Klein model would ever talk about a nerd like me, EVER." 

Oops. I instantly regretted those words from ever leaving my mouth, while I could just feel Mckenzie's smile growing from the other side of the phone. "Conceited Calvin Klein model, eh?" She snickered for a few seconds before speaking.

 "Who knows what really happened, the most we can do is just forget about it; why stress about something when we aren't even sure if it went down or not, right?" I sighed,"Yeah, your probably right." I looked up at the clock in the coffee shop.

1:05pm... I was going to be late for class!!

"Kenzie, I have to go otherwise I'm going to really late for Chem" I quickly gathered my things and headed out the door, waving a goodbye to Connor. "You better hurry up then, otherwise old Sparky is gonna be on your case all week." We muttered our farewells and hung up.

I drove over to school and quickly ran to my locker. Being the lazy person I was, my locker was a complete mess so my books were buried under a pile of papers and binders. By the time I had all of my things it was already 1:11.  Sparky's going to murder me

I was so focused on getting to class that I didn't even look in front of me when I bumped in to a hard chest. I looked up to see a gorgeous face with deep blue eyes and tousled dirty-blonde hair. 

Stephen Murano

The heart-throb, 

The bad boy ,

The player, 

of Evermoore high.

I was frozen to the spot. I was trying to find power in myself to at least talk or move out of the way, but no, my mind had to stop working at that precise moment. He was the first one to break the silence, and not in a good way.

"Mind moving out of my way babydoll?" WHAT DID HE JUST CALL ME?!?!  "I have someplace I'd rather be right now" My mind couldn't conjure up a way to say something back at him, so it made me do something so completely stupid and uncalled for.

I slapped him.

-

Author's Note:

Hi guys! Thank you so much for clicking on Now You See Me. If you enjoyed the first chapter please don't forget to smash that vote button!

 What did you guys think of Alisha so far? Do you think slapping Stephen was a rational thing to do considering how he was talking to her?

 Let me know in the comments what you think!

Yours Truly, M.