Chapter 9

"Hey there, Babydoll." 

"Why hello there, Stephen."

We were currently in the lunch room straight after Jamie and I walked in. Jamie went to get his lunch but it was pretty visible to the whole school that he got sidetracked talking to a special 'someone'. Mckenzie, being the girl she is, got me to type out everything that Jamie explained. 

Her eyes would occasionally widen at some parts and gush at others, but that was only because she was a die hard romantic. I swear, it was like seeing her read a chick flick or something.

"Have I introduced you to my oh-so-lovely friends yet?" He chuckled and looked over at Cosmo.

"Nope," I replied, popping the 'p'. He simply nodded and looked over at his 6 friends around the table.

"Well, you've already met Cosmo over here, so it's time to meet the rest of the gang," he said while his arms were outstretched. "That there is Alexandra, whom we all call Alex," he pointed to a brunette with long lashes, flawless skin, and dark green eyes. 

"Next to her are the twins, Melanie and Jack," he nodded towards a pair of almost identical twins. They both had dirty blonde hair with long, thin noses and brown eyes. The only difference was that Melanie had olive skin and Jack had slightly lighter skin with freckles. 

"And last but not least we have the cutesy-icky-couple over there, Matt and Jasmine." They were sitting at a pretty close proximity, with Matt's arm around Jasmine.  Matt had blonde hair, a hooked nose, and deep blue eyes. Jasmine was almost the complete opposite with chocolate brown hair, light brown eyes and a thin nose. They somehow looked perfect together, though.

They all waved at me and said hi. "I hope Sherbert over here is treating you right," Jasmine nodded towards Stephen. I wanted to laugh at his nickname but I furrowed my eyebrows. It was a second later I remembered that Stephen was my 'boyfriend. 

"Oh, he's not too mean... sometimes," I said. Stephen feigned a look of hurt and put his right hand over his heart.

"Be still my beating heart, for you have been hurt by my lady!" We all laughed at Stephen's act and he didn't seem to mind at all but instead laughed with us.

Just then the bell rang and we all got up, leaving for our respective classes.

Turns out that Alex and I were in the same Physics class. I never noticed the people in my class since I was always so focused on the teacher and my work.

"It's nice to finally meet you, Alisha," she said in an attempt to break the silence. It seemed like every time I was walking to class somebody just had to break the comfortable silence. 

"It was nice to meet you too Alex. Stephen always talked about you guys." He never talked about them, not even once.

"Yeah, it's hard to believe that Sherbert would ever talk about us to anybody, but thanks for the comfort." We laughed, looks like she knew Stephen better than I thought.

"Look, I know you guys just started dating and all, but just be careful with him. He went through a lot the last time he was dating somebody and none of us can see him hurt and broke like that ever again, that relationship is the reason Stephen is the person he is today. Believe it or not, he used to be the kindest and most warm-hearted person we ever knew. " She didn't want to explain anymore so I didn't ask.

"Don't worry, I can't imagine ever hurting him." 

She nodded and lightly smiled. "Let's go or we'll be late, and we can't be having that on your perfect attendance." She joked.

We made our way to class and the teacher started talking, but I couldn't pay attention at all. All I could think about is... who broke Stephen Murano?

-

Author's Note: Hi Guys! If you liked that chapter then SMASH THAT VOTE BUTTON! 

Yes, I know very well that this is a short, unedited chapter but just bear with the fact that instead of studying for my exams in school I'm writing for you guys (plus I wanted to introduce the rest of Stephen's friends...and his nickname :P)

I'm thinking of putting goals at the beginning of every chapter, so you guys can help me reach my goal of 1k reads and at least 200 votes for this book. Thoughts? Let me know in the comments down below!

Signing off for now, M