Chapter 12

It's time.

It's time for the Winter Ball.

I woke up with just that thought in my mind. My body was a mix of feeling ecstatic and dread. Turning over, I saw that the time was already noon, just 7 hours left until the ball itself started.

"YES!"I squealed. Quickly getting out of my bed, I ran to my bathroom and just stared at myself in the mirror. I looked like a beast with a bad hair day, literally. Not to worry though, the girls said they would come over in about 3 hours so we could ALL have enough time to get ready, with a little help from Jasmine's hair & makeup artists.

I just took a quick shower and plucked my eyebrows, trying not to ruin them in the process. After all the beauty treatment I could do, I grabbed my laptop and went to Netflix. There was still time until the girls arrived, so why not relax?

Turning on The Flash, I was laughing at how awkward Barry and Iris were while being in couple's therapy that I couldn't feel my eyelids slowly drooping.

----------

"Look at her!" Somebody whisper shouted. I tried to open my eyes to see who it was but it felt like my eyes were glued shut. "Shhhh! You're gonna wake her up!" Another person said a tad bit louder.

"To hell with her sleep, she's gonna be late!" I didn't have time to register this comment when a heavy figure fell on top of me, making my eyes open instantly and letting out a scream.

"I'M UP, I'M UP!" I admitted to the person sitting on top of me, flailing my arms around in an attempt to surrender, because now I was seriously out of breath. When a weight was lifted off of me I saw that the person who woke me up was actually Mckenzie.

"Thanks for the gentleness, Kenz." I can't help but yawn while getting up, still tired even after all the time I've slept. Rubbing my eyes after I getting up I saw that everybody was looking at me and judging me hardcore. "How long did you sleep last night?" Melanie asks me, worry in her eyes.

"A whole 11 hours," I answer, not meeting their shocked gazes. "Plus, the extra 3 hours before you guys came over." They all looked at me with such shock in their eyes. Alex was the first to recover and speak.

"You slept for 14 hours?!" Huffing, I got off the bed and shrugged my shoulders. "I've been extremely tired recently."

"Let's just ignore the fact you've become sleeping beauty, and let's get ready to blow the crowd away!" Said Jessica, handing me a hanger with my dress on it.

I acknowledged her hair & makeup artists while one beckoned me over to a chair in front of my floor length mirror. I was in there for a whole 2 hours being plucked, waxed, and covered with makeup. My butt was so sore after getting off the chair while going to my closet to change.

I didn't look at my reflection because I wanted to have a full reveal with my dress on as well. After I finished zipping up my dress, I turned around to see myself in the mirror.

The person who was staring back at me was a masterpiece, not even humanly possible for that to be me. My makeup was on fleek, My updo was perfection, and it looked AMAZING with my dress.

 My makeup was on fleek, My updo was perfection, and it looked AMAZING with my dress