Chapter 13

As we all sat down in the limousine bunches of our dresses started to pile up. Through the mass of fabric, I could find Jack and his date Maria. They were sitting next to Jamie and Ashley Jefferson.

I was still kind of wary of Ashley but she seemed genuine enough while with Jamie. Apparently, Ashley was already coming to the ball since her parents are business partners with Stephen's. All Jamie had to do was bring up the dance and Ashley asked him out herself, lifting Jamie's spirits beyond recognition.

We all greeted each other and us girls started to comment each other on our dresses and makeup and such things, while the guys were talking about whose date looked the prettiest.

Typical men.

Upon reaching our destination, my mouth dropped at the sight of the hall where the ball was being held. It was a beautiful room with a marble floor and a glass dome. The centre of the room was empty, to act as a dance floor.

Handing over our coats, Stephen immediately led me astray from our huge group of friends. "Before anything starts, I want you to meet my parents since they ARE the reason you and I are here." The reminder of our deal was enough to make me sober me for a moment.

I don't know why but it made me feel like I was being used somehow, even though I know both of us overcame that hurdle. It may have also been the thought that Stephen and I were going to call off our 'relationship' next week, but that seemed like nonsense. Afterall, it's not like I actually LIKED Stephen in that way.

I couldn't think anymore because we approached whom I assume are Stephen's parents. His mom looked absolutely gorgeous in her dress and diamond earrings, while his father looked dashing in his suit. They looked quite young, to be parents of an 18-year-old.

"Ah! You must be the Alisha we've heard so much about!" His mom cheered. She came forward to envelop me in a hug, momentarily catching me off guard. I shook hands with his Dad as well, and both of them were smiling as they looked at me.

"It's so nice to meet you, Mr and Mrs Murano." His father nodded, "Likewise dear. Stephen has told us so much about you it feels as if we practically know you already." I smirked at Stephen, who looked away trying to show his innocence.

"Good things, I hope." We engaged in small talk, which led me and his Mom into talking about the party and how mesmerizing it was. "Mom," Stephen interrupted us. "I think Alisha is parched from talking so much," at this his father snickers. "We really must get going to our friends."

"Why, of course dear. Alisha, please do make a habit of coming over to our home. We would love to have you." Turning to Stephen, his father says "She's a keeper Stephen, treat her right." Stephen just smirks and says "Oh, I intend to."

That was enough to make me blush furiously and nudge Stephen to come.

"Your parents are so nice, you described them as snobby or something!" He laughed at this, throwing his head back in a really cute way. "I didn't want you to get your hopes up before you even met them."

Making our way to the food table, Stephen grabbed me a drink. "It's grape juice, so don't worry." I tried sipping the drink but it was too strong. "I think that's spiked," I tell him, scrunching up my face.

Just as I put my glass down a slow song starts playing. "Ladies and Gentleman," the singer speaks into the mic. "Grab your significant other and head to the dance floor for a ball dance."

Couples both young and old started to gather in the centre. Nudging me, Stephen held out his hand and silently asked for permission to dance.

"Oh no no," I start to say, "I literally dance like a penguin with two left feet. If you cherish your toes then I suggest we sit this one out."