What Now, Evan? - Chapter 13

Song: We Rise By San Holo

I listened to this song while making this Chapter fell free to listen to it if you want :D Enjoy!

MiniLadd POV

  "We need to talk."  David said with a some what stern voice. The tall Irish man seemed to change the last time I saw him. He seems more... sad. It was probably because of the lost of his little monkey always bouncing around him, Lui.

Tyler walked over to the foot of Jonathan's bed and sat down. David continued on, "It's about the guys, the rest of them I mean." He brought his hand to the back of his neck and rubbed it. "Lui... Lui is also unconscious. Marcel broke an arm and...." I began to zone out since I was already caught up with what happened.

I just started wondering about Eric, why such a sudden forwardness towards Jon? And why did Tyler hesitate at first? Was he scared? I wish I wasn't dead useless in this stupid wheel chair. But Ms. Holly doesn't want me to lose balance and hit my head again.

I heard Ms. Holly talking today with some other doctors about me and Jonathan. It was about when we could escape this stupid hospital. The doctors said we could leave this Thursday, but today is Friday the end of the previous week. I should probably tell Tyler this news and Jon as well.

But I should also ask Tyler what happened back there- I was cut out of my thoughts when I focusing on what David was saying.

"I don't know when you guys get out of here, but even the four of us won't stand a chance if we get attack again. We'll all end up here again..." I stared at Nogla's green eyes staring into Delirious's blue eyes. I saw Ms. Holly was about to speak up to answer his question but I beat her to it. 

"I-I know when we leave!" David turned to face me, and Ms. Holly stared down at me. "We leave here Thursday." I simply said. "How-How did you know?" Ms. Holly questioned, I just replied again. "I over heard you talking with the doctors." She mouthed 'oh'.

David shook his head, "Great, that's to long of a wait. Well I guess Tyler and I will just be stuck in the tree base. Or else we'll be pummeled by a gang out there wanting revenge or something of the sort..." Ms. Holly took in air silently besides me.

"Is it really that bad out there?" She asked. Tyler looked her dead in the eyes, "You have no idea." David just shook his head in agreement. I put my head down also agreeing, she got the last and most non arguable agreement from Jon who sat still curled up on his bed.

"You saw me when I was little, when I came into this hospital... Imagine all those scrapes and bruises I had and times that by 10. That's what it's like today..." His face got covered in the sheets of the hospital bed. He shivered a little, probably remembering his past. Ms. Holly got her answer and bowed her head down in disappointment and saddens for this cruel world.

Silence filled the room once more. But it didn't last to long when David once again spoke, "We need to either show Evan those marks of yours Delirious or we need to cover them." Tyler looked up from his gaze on the floor and stood up from his seat on the end of the bed.

"Are you crazy? Evan will kill me. He'll blame me for not helping Jon sooner... since I... hesitated.." He trailed off. "Well he won't be sleepy for long, he's gonna wake up and be pissed. Since he just got beat up, and his friends are hurt as well."

Tyler huffed knowing his friend was probably right. But soon enough just like the saying goes 'Speak of the devil' we heard foot steps running toward open wooden door. There were also muffled out male and female voices yelling something like "Stop!"