Three

~Devina's POV~

Once I regained consciousness, for what felt like the hundredth time today I immediately sat up

Once I regained consciousness, for what felt like the hundredth time today I immediately sat up. This time I was on a long leather couch in what looked like an office.

"Is she going to wake up?" I heard the same boy from earlier worriedly ask. I glanced over to the door and there was a man with a white coat staring directly at me.

"Why don't you see for yourself." The white coat man smiled and the boy turned around to face me.

"Can I go home?" I innocently asked. The boy furrowed his eyebrows and took a step closer to the couch.

"Do you have family waiting for you at home?" He asked, more like demanded. I shook my head.

"Not family." His eyes held anger towards this response.

"A boy?" I thought about it and then nodded my head. I guess Mr. Freddles was a boy. "No." He growled making my heart drop.

"But I- he won't survive if I don't-" A tear ran down my cheek at that thought. I guess you could say I was a pretty emotional girl, I always have been.

"Who?" He asked. "Who won't survive?" He growled and stood right in front of me. I frowned and looked down.

"What's your name?" I ignored his question with my own.

"Answer my goddamn question!" He yelled. He reminded me of the people back at school, always pushing me around. I stood up so that I was only inches away from his face, or I guess chest because he was so tall.

"Answer my question." This caused the boy to smirk and raise an eyebrow.

"You answer mine because I asked it first, then I'll answer yours." He proposed a plan and crossed his arms over his muscular chest. I willed my eyes off of his body and looked into his green eyes.

"Mr. Freddles," I whispered and another tear slid down my cheek. The boy started laughing and bent over, almost falling to the floor.

"Is he like your stuffed bear or something?" He tried to control his laughter, but it was no use. I looked around the room to find the doctor, but he wasn't there. My eyes widened when I realized I was in a room alone with the man who may or may not have ordered my whole school to be killed.

"No. He's my fish." I walked around him so we could be farther apart. "And I don't appreciate you laughing at me. It's not funny." The boy must have noticed my sly actions as he stood back up and also took a step back, respecting my boundaries.

"I'm sorry. You're right." He nodded and looked down at his hands. "Zane." He hesitantly looked up into my blue eyes.

"Okay good. I was starting to think your name was Alpha." I laughed and turned to look around the room. "Why do people call you that anyway?"