Twelve

~Zane's POV~

Either she started to fade or I did, I'm not sure but before I knew it, she was gone

"Devina!" I screamed. "No. Damnit!" I jolted awake and pushed back the witch who helped me. "She's not in Olympia. She's with some guy named Ethan." I paced the room trying to think of something else, anything else that could help us find her. "I smelled another wolf on her. Rouge. She's not likely in a city." I said, more to myself than anyone else. "Can you do a locator spell?" I asked Jamie who nodded, her hair moving with the sudden movement. I focused a little too much on how similar Jamie's blonde hair was to Devina's. Although, Devina never liked trying to tame her hair. She didn't want to put so much effort into something so temporary.

"I'll need a piece of hair and something that was very close to her. Something's she's touched." I rushed back to our house and into her room. In her bathroom, I grabbed her brush and started looking around her room for something that was close to her.

"Mr. Freddles," I said with a duh tone and ran to the backyard. She refused to flush him down the toilet so I buried him near the fence. I ran over to the spot and started digging. Once I spotted the brown cardboard box, I scrunched up my nose and plucked him out of the ground. I hurried back to the meeting room and handed Jamie both of the items.

"What's this?" She slowly asked as she turned over the dirty box.

"Her fish. She loved him a lot." She nodded and opened the box.

"I'll need a map of Washington." I nodded and grabbed one from my office, handing it to her. Jamie took the map and spread it across the table, then she took a few strands of hair from the brush and laid Mr. Freddles over it. Next, she unclasped a crystal necklace that was hanging from her neck and held it over the dead fish and strands of blonde hair. She closed her eyes and the crystal started to sway. "Inveniet eam." She repeated over and over again until the crystal started to move east. Finally, it landed somewhere on the map. Jamie snapped her eyes open and smiled. "She's in Spokane. Somewhere near the trees. Maybe in a forest?" She shut her eyes again and breathed in deep. "I smell wolf and trees." I smiled and thanked her, running out of the pack house. Jumping into my car, I started it and sped off to Spokane.

"Devina, I'm bringing you home." I grinned.

~Devina's POV~

When Ethan finally returned it was early morning. I greeted him and handed him some soup I had made a few minutes ago.

"Couldn't sleep," I answered when he asked why I was awake so early.

"Then I guess we can get a head start on the hike." I nodded and once we both finished our soup, we headed out back into the woods. "Sorry I don't have a flashlight or anything. I have built in night vision." He chuckled and tapped next to his eyes.

"It's fine. Just lead the way." And he did. For about an hour and a half, we walked through the woods and finally made it to a little cabin nestled quietly between a little creek and the thicker part of the woods. It was now daytime, but it was starting to rain so the sky was dotted with black and gray clouds.