Twenty Seven

~Zane's POV~

When she said it back, I couldn't believe it

When she said it back, I couldn't believe it. I still can't. I looked over at Devina sleeping peacefully on the passenger side of my car and wondered. How did I get so lucky? I know that sounds cliche and cheesy but I'm serious. She's perfect for me. I slowly pulled into the driveway and smiled down at her. Pushing some hair out of her face, she started to stir.

"Zane?" She groggily asked. I opened the door then went around to her side.

"I'm right here Sunshine." I softly spoke as I lifted her up onto my arms. She instantly hurried her head into my chest and breathed in deep. "Do I smell good?" I laughed.

"Yeah. Actually, you do." She hopped down from my arms and helped me put some of the things we got away.

"I love you," I whispered as I wrapped my arms around her from the back.

"I love you too."

A few weeks later, we were standing in the kitchen putting a few groceries away. She turned around so that she was facing me. "Shall we continue what we started earlier?" My heart started beating faster as I immediately nodded.

"Yes. We should." And with that, I smashed my lips onto hers. She moaned and hopped up into my arms, I caught her and pushed her back against the wall. I think she likes this position. I thought then smiled against her lips. After a few seconds, she leaned back and lifted her shirt up and over her head. My eyebrows furrowed together. What's she doing? She looked back at me with lust in her eyes. In a way, I haven't seen before.

"I'm ready Zane." She spoke making me freeze.

"What?" I wasn't understanding her words.

"I'm ready." She repeated.

"Devina- seriously don't say that. I won't be able to control myself." She kissed down my neck.

"I'm serious. I'm ready." My eyes closed as she moved her body up then back down, I'm sure as a way to provoke me.

~Devina's POV~

"Are you sure?" I closed my eyes and nodded. "No please look at me. I want to see your eyes when I do this." I nodded again and opened them back up. "Are you sure?" He asked one more time.

"Yes. I made up my mind." Was the last thing I said before I lost my virginity to Zane.

"Are you okay?" He rolled over onto his stomach and looked at me. I opened my mouth, then nodded. Leaning in, I kissed him again. I flopped back down on the bed and furrowed my brows. "I-I feel," I couldn't describe what it was but I felt different. I could smell Zane's scent better and when he touched me, huge sparks danced on my skin.

"I know. It's the mate bond." He smiled and kissed down my neck. "I love you, Devina."