Twenty Six

~Devina's POV~

You know that feeling where your whole world just comes crashing down on you? That's what it felt like when my dad left us

You know that feeling where your whole world just comes crashing down on you? That's what it felt like when my dad left us. That's what it felt like when Mr. Freddles was killed. And that's what it felt like when I found out my two closest friends were dead. That's not a feeling anyone should be feeling more than once in their life. But here I am. Feeling so empty and alone. I know I have Zane, for now. But nothing lasts forever. That's why I chose today to get up. I can't be like this forever. I have been staying in my own room and so has Zane. I know he's gotten as much sleep as me just from the tone of his voice and the dark circles under his once bright eyes. I bet I looked worse. My thoughts were confirmed when I went into the bathroom and looked in the mirror. My hair was a mess and looked like I work at McDonald's and always touch my hair. I cringed as I looked at my eyes. Their once blue shade was now hidden around a layer of red. Under them were bags. And they most definitely weren't designer.

Ha ha.

I stripped out of my clothes and quickly stepped into the hot shower. It's been almost two weeks since I first got the call from Everett. A few days later, the funeral for them was held. Obviously, their bodies weren't there but it was a very beautiful service. Everyone was there, both of their parents and the whole pack. I'm not entirely sure if their parents knew about the pack and everything but I guess that's not something I thought of asking them. Once I got out of the shower, I wrapped a towel around my body and walked back into my room.

"Devina? I made some pancakes for you." A tired voice spoke behind the door. My heart fluttered. I quickly pulled on some clothes and opened the door. Zane was sitting down on the opposite side of the hallway. When he saw me he quickly stood up and his green eyes widened.

"Thank you, Zane." I ran up to him, closing the space between us and flew my arms around his neck. "For everything. I'm so sorry. I'm a crappy girlfriend." He pulled away from me and shook his head.

"Baby don't ever say that. You aren't. You're the best girlfriend. I love-" My heart started thumping as I heard those words, waiting for him to finish them, I watched as his face turned red. "Spaghetti. I love spaghetti. Does that sound good for dinner? Spaghetti?" My heart dropped.

"Yeah. Yeah sure." I plastered on a fake smile and nodded. I tried my best not to get too upset about this, it was just a misunderstanding, right? "Now where are those pancakes...?" Zane grinned and took my hand, leading me to the kitchen.

"Here you go my lady." He spoke in a terrible British accent and gestured to the kitchen table.

"You're the best." I kissed his cheek and sat down at the table. He did the same and stared at me. "What?" I asked, after chewing all the food in my mouth. He smiled and hung his head.

"Nothing." He looked back up and smiled again.

"What!?" I laughed as he stared at me.

"I just- you're so beautiful." The tops of his cheeks reddened and I grinned.

"Are you blushing?" I pushed the half-eaten plate of pancakes away from me and stood up. "You are!" I giggled and straddled Zane's lap.

"No, I'm not." He tried to look away but I held his face with my hand and kissed his cheek again. "Stop that." He dangerously growled.

"What?" I froze. "Did I do something wrong?" He scanned my face and swallowed.

"You should probably get off." He swallowed again and looked down. I did the same and my cheeks lit of fire.

"I-I'm sorry." I quickly got off and awkwardly stood.

"No," He laughed and stood up too. "You're fine." He pulled me into his arms and rested his chin on my head. "I thought you were going to break up with me." He finally spoke. "It scared me. You didn't eat for days, Devina." I sucked in a deep breath.

"I know I'm sorry. So sorry." He kissed my forehead and sighed.

"You're sleeping in my room tonight." He said without a question. I smiled and nodded. "Devina?" He pulled away and closed his eyes.

"What's wrong?" I slowly asked as he avoided my eyes.

"Nothing-I just need to tell you something." When I nodded he continued, finally looking into my blue eyes. "You don't have to say anything but I-I um," He took a deep breath. "I love you, Devina. So so much. I think I've loved you since the moment I laid eyes on you. I didn't realize it until a little bit after we met-but that's beside the point. I love you so much. When you locked yourself away, I could feel your pain, and I realized that by me not telling you this, you might not know how I feel. I know I don't always say how I feel, it makes me uncomfortable sometimes." He laughed. Zane loves me. My heart was beating so dangerously fast I thought I would pass out. "But I'm telling you now. Well again. I told you that night we both got drunk, but," He trailed off and laughed. I honestly thought that part was a dream. I wish it was. "I love you." By now, tears were freely flowing down my cheeks. "Shit," He frowned and wiped them away. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to upset you." I jerked back and quickly shook my head.

"I-I'm not upset." I continued to sob.

"Devina, it's okay I under-" I shook my head again and laughed, tears still falling down my face.

"I love you too. So much." When I didn't stop crying Zane frowned again.

"Sunshine, what's wrong?" My face heated up and I looked away. "Devina?" He slowly asked. "Are you-" My eyes widened and he just smiled. "Come on."

"What?" I asked as he pulled me towards the door.

"I'll take you to the store." I smiled and nodded.

"Let me get dressed first."

Once I was down getting ready, Zane opened the passenger seat to his GTR and helped me get in. Once in the car, I looked over at him.

"I love you." He snapped his head over to me and grinned.

"I love you too." The words felt foreign, but definitely not wrong. "So much." He added as we finally pulled up to the little store. He jumped out of the car, and before I could even open mine he did it for me. I giggled and pecked his cheek. "Nuh-uh." He narrowed his eyes and held me in place. "That's the third time you've kissed my cheek." My cheeks reddened again as I leaned in to kiss him. He caught my lips and responded right away.

"People are looking." I pointed out as I pulled away.

"I don't care." He grumbled trying to kiss me again but I leaned back.

"I do. Let's go." I laughed and grabbed his hand. He just rolled his eyes and lead me into the store.

We got a lot of things, mostly chocolate and vegetables, because Zane said they'd help. I smiled at that. He really does care. We also got ice cream and some other things. And of course, pads.