Twenty Four

~Zane's POV~

Having her back in my arms felt great

Having her back in my arms felt great. What didn't feel great was the growing pressure the pack was putting me under. There were so many questions about their future Luna and how we need her soon. I don't want that pressure on Devina so I told them to be patient and wait.

"Zane?" She mumbled, probably still half asleep. I closed the curtains back up and walked to my bed where she was laying.

"I'm here Sunshine." She nodded and grabbed my hand, pulling me next to her. "How are you feeling?" I asked as I laid down next to her. She shrugged and buried her head in my chest. "I can heal you," I suggested.

"No. " I frowned at the thought of her being in pain any longer.

"Devina please just let me-" She sat up and shook her head.

"No Zane. I've survived this long without magical healing. I can deal with a few bruises." I took a deep breath.

"You have two broken ribs." She laughed and looked down. "It's not funny Devina."

"It kind of is." I frowned again. It's really not. I thought but kept it to myself.

"Alpha," I heard Jonah call me through the mind link. I could almost hear him laughing at the name.

"Yeah?" I answered.

"There's a party tonight at my place, bring yourself and your girl." I rolled my eyes knowing he couldn't see me.

"No way. I'm not bringing her to one of your parties man."

"Fine, then I'll ask her to come myself," I growled.

"Stay away from her Jonah."

"Then bring her."

"Zane?" I heard her innocent voice ask. I snapped the mind link shut and looked over at her. "What's wrong? You just spaced out."

"I was talking to Jonah. He's throwing a stupid party." I rolled my eyes while hers widened, then she smirked.

"We're going to a party?" She cheerfully asked.

"No." She pouted and scooted closer to me.

"Come on. Why not?"

Jonah's parties are never just a little get together with a few of our best friends. It's the kind where everyone is invited as long as they're like us. He doesn't hate humans but he prefers our kind over theirs. But of course, Devina is an acceptation, if we were going.

"Because I said so." She frowned making my heart beat faster. She was so fucking cute. I couldn't help but smile at her. How did I become so lucky? "My girlfriend is so cute," I said and pinched her cheek, she swatted my hand away and rolled her eyes.