Forty Seven

~Zane's POV~

She was carefree

She was carefree. I could feel it as she didn't bother trying to block me out. I could feel her enjoying herself. I spent a couple hours just closing my eyes, experiencing everything she was through the bond, relishing in how good she felt. That was until she must have crashed. I jerked up and grabbed her car keys. When my car is in a crash, it sends out a ping to emergency services, I just hope she wasn't too far away. There was also an emergency button installed on top of the roof but I highly doubt Devina knows about that. What really scared me is how she was unconscious. Not asleep nor dead but not awake either. I sped towards her in her little car for a few minutes until I found the GTR completely flipped over in a ditched on the outskirts of town. I slammed on the brakes and got out of the car, running over to her side of the car.

"Devina!?" I yelled, yanking the door off of the hinges. She groaned and practically fell out of the car. I checked her for injuries before pulling her completely out of the crushed car.

"Forrest," She groaned, still not opening her eyes. I pushed my jealous feelings away and checked her again for any wounds. She had a few scraps here and there but nothing too bad.

"No baby, it's Zane." She shook her head then winced, I could feel the pain flowing through her body.

"No, it was," She caught her breath before continuing. "Forrest." I pulled her closer into my arms.

"He crashed into you?" I asked, picking her up.

"He wants," She started again, but then passed out completely. Shit. I rushed her to the hospital when I wasn't able to wake her up again. The doctors said it's a coma, but she should wake up soon. That was a few days ago though, and as the time passes and the hour's multiply, so does my fear of her never waking up again. I called a team of my guys to investigate Forrest while I waited by Devina's side.

"Mr. Gunner, it is unhealthy to stay here all week. You should go home." I shook my head at the doctor and continued to stare at her pale face.

"I want to be here when my baby wakes up." I smiled softly and pushed a strand of beautiful blond hair out of her bruised face. The doctor-who I haven't bother to learn his name-sighed and walked out of the room. After a few minutes, Devina's eyes snapped open and locked with mine. "Sunshine-"

"I love you." She whispered, quickly sitting up. My eyes widened as I tried to get her to lay back down. "Zane stop! Did you hear me?" I pulled the blanket up to her chin and nodded.

"Of course I heard you." She tensed and nodded.

"You don't feel the same anymore." I quickly shook my head and grabbed her hand.

"I do. I love you too Sunshine, it's just that you've been in a coma for a few days. You aren't in the right mind yet. You're all high on pain medication." She sat back up and crawled closer to me.

"That doesn't change the fact that I love you." She spoke while inching our faces together. "And," She grinned and looked down at my lips while I ran my tongue over them. "That I forgive you." I completely relaxed and smashed my lips onto hers.

"I love you. I love you so much." I smiled against her lips. "I was the one who donated the money. For college." I sheepishly grinned, pulling away. She laughed and playfully smacked my arm.

"Of course you did." She smiled and hugged me. "Now get me out of this hospital Mr. Gunner." I laughed and nodded.

"Maybe one day you can become Mrs. Gunner." I winked and left the room to find a doctor.

When I brought her home, she was so tired. She fell asleep in my arms as I brought her up to the house but soon started stirring.

"Shh," I whispered when she opened this bright blue eyes. "Go back to sleep." She looked around as I laid her down on the bed and frowned.

"Where are you going?" I sighed and kissed her forehead.

"I have to take care of some things." She tensed and looked away, mumbling an "ok". "No. No, I'm not leaving you. It's not like that, I just have to do some things."

"Please Zane. Stay with me." I quickly nodded and pulled my sweatshirt over my head, revealing my bare chest. Devina's eyes widened as she analyzed my chiseled chest. "You got tattoos? When?" I smirked and looked down.

"Over the past couple of months." I shrugged and hopped into bed next to my girl. "Do you like them?" I shyly asked. She carefully grabbed my arm and traced over them with her magical fingers.

"I love them." She whispered and kissed me.

The next morning I woke up and went to the kitchen to make breakfast. I decided on our favorite, pancakes.

"Hey." She mumbled, stumbling out of the bedroom in just my sweatshirt. I grinned and walked up to her, wrapping my arms around her warm body.

"Hey."

"I'm sorry about your car." She blushed and looked down. "I know it's completely totaled." I laughed and just shrugged.

"We'll replace it. It's fine." She shook her head.

"I feel bad." She pouted, looking down at the floor.

"Tell me what happened back there." I quickly remembered. She stepped back and wrapped her arms around her waist. "Sunshine, please. I need to find him. He needs to pay for what he did."

"I was driving down that road then a red car started following me. I think it was a Maserati or something. It happened too quickly." She snapped out of whatever trance she was in and continued. "They followed me for a few minutes before I started to speed up, so did they. Then once they were right behind me, they started shooting. I didn't know you had bulletproof windows." She softly smiled. "They saved my life." She laughed before continuing. "When that didn't work, they started to push me off the road. Like you did when you raced Everett that one time. I tried to keep the car in control but they came on the right side of the road and pushed me into the other lane. There was another red car coming so I swerved farther to the left to avoid it but the car wanted me off the road too. I think I hit a tree or a pole or something." So far, everything was right. When I drove towards her car that day, she was in the ditch on the left side of the road. I had parked my car in the right lane and crossed the road to start to her. "I didn't see anyone get out of the car but when I looked, their car doors were opened. If they were vampires then I wouldn't have seen them move right?"

"Not if they didn't want you to." I clarified, making her nod in understanding.

"Well, I think I blacked out or something but before that, someone tried opening the passenger side door. You must have come and scared them off though." She moved her hands up and down her arms while she thought more. "I think I saw Forrest. Right outside of the woods. He was just standing there. What does he want?" She finally looked up with fear evident in her eyes. God, she looked so beautiful.

"I think he wants you."