chapter 4- Elliot approaches Avery

Psychopaths look at normal people as objects to toy with, to be used, to be lied to and to be hurt.

.Blaire.

The rest of the week went by quickly. There was no sign of Elliot anywhere, rumor has it he moved to Wisconsin or something. I don't really know, and I don't really care right now. I have exams coming up in a few weeks and it seems that everyone will not drop Elliot and I's conversation at Wendy's party. Like literally people we were talking! And don't even get me started on the rumors Emily has been spreading, like I mean seriously does this girl have an off switch or any switch?  Avery has been gone for a while, but I got a text from her syaing she would meet me at Emily's gathering tonight. 

It is currently Friday night (Emily's gathering), and I am walking to Elliot's building. Why you may ask. Well I am playing truth or dare, and I have never backed out of a dare unless it is serious. But my dare is to go into Elliot's building and grab one of his shirts. Lame. Whatever. Stupid Emily came up with the idea. I was mentally scolding Emily for the dare, as I trudged across his building grounds. All the lights were off except one light in the attic? I shrugged it off. Everyone was watching a far distance away with their phone flashlights illuminating the old building in front of me. As I got closer and closer to his front door, I became terrified. There was a scary feeling and my heart felt like it was going to explode into a billion and one pieces.  

I opened the door, only to have it creak loudly. I looked back at everyone and they nodded. I went in, and shut the door behind me. I tip toed around the foyer until I heard yelling. I thought no one was home. I crawl up the stairs following the yelling because I am curious and dumb. And in all the horror movies this is what gets the girl killed. Oh well. Tell my granny I am sorry for breaking her dentures when I was younger and that I love her. I get to the attic floor and continue up the creepy stairs. The paintings Elliot chose to hang up were creepy. They were those type of paintings where the eyes follow you. Eww. There was this one of a child and I swear he blinked. I was so creeped out. 

"ARE YOU SORRY?" Someone yelled. 

Jeez whoever said that is angry. 

It is ok Blaire he is not here. He is in Wisconsin. 

"ARE YOU?" Oh my gosh who is this person? I crawled up another step and peered into the open doorway and there was Elliot but I could not see the person who he was talking to. 

"GOD. YES I AM." A girl yelled. Avery? 

"SAY IT AGAIN" 

"I AM SORRY ELLIOT. IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN." The girl was hysterically crying. "ELLIOT NO. PLEASE ELLIOT" that is Avery. "Elliot. I am telling you she likes someone else you have just gotta face the facts." Avery pleaded. 

"NO. I LOVE HER. I WILL KILL HIM. WHO IS IT? WHO?" Elliot snarled. 

"Shane Macovey" Avery coughed. That-that was-was who-oo I liked. Elliot is a psychopath, oh lord Elliot is a pscho. I was holding my hand against my mouth so tight. If he sees me he will kill Avery and I. I couldn't help but cry. 

"You stupid girl get out of my sight and if you tell a soul I will kill you." Elliot finishes. I run down the stairs as fast as I can. Avery is close on my tracks. We bump into eachother at the door and we run so fast to our dorm. I just hold Avery tight in my arms as we sit on my bed crying from Elliot. She doesn't need to say anything. We don't say anything for the rest of the night.