chapter 6- Elliot is the master of the game

Psychopaths actually feel happy when they manage to pull a quick one on their victims.

.Blaire.

I had texted, called, emailed, tweeted, snapchatted, instagramed, and facetimed Avery. And yet still no answer. It is like she completely fell off the face of the earth. It was Saturday morning and Avery was supposed to be back on Wednesday. I was getting worried but she was scared, I get it, I mean who wouldn't be scared after what that crazy psycho Elliot did to her. Like jeez. 

I stopped talking to Shane for his safety and everyone else on this dang campus. Although I did feel better Mrs. Jones was on my side and she knew something was up, I still do not feel safe. I always get this icky feeling like someone is watching me. I feel like one of those girls in horror movies where the girl is being stalked but she is too dumb to realize. 

Elliot likes to haunt my dreams every night but they are not even dreams. They are straight up nightmares. I am terrified all the time. 

Gosh. I was hungry. I decided that it would be good if I walked with Emily to the cafe on campus to grab breakfast. So she was coming to my dorm in five minutes. I grabbed my purse and locked the door as I walked down to the first floor where Emily was awaiting my arrival. 

Emily and I have gotten a lot closer since this whole Elliot thing, and honsetly I am so thankful. She is no longer annoying but she is helpful and she is resourceful. "Oh God." Emily said as she looked at me like she was going to throw up. 

"What?" I questioned as she turned green and she fell to the ground throwing up. I walked to where she was before she stumbled back and just over the hill we had to cross to get to the cafe I mean it was a short cut nobody used but us but there lied Avery. She still had her suitcases in hand and her eyes were still creepily open with fear. Her shirt was stained with old dark blood, and her skin was as white as snow. Her hair laid frizzled and there were flies on her arms. I couldn't move, I couldn't speak, and I couldn't look away. Tears slipped down my cheeks like a toddler slipping on ice at a skating rink. I was frozen. My bestfriend was gone. I thought she was home all this time. Finally I could speak. "AGHHHHHHH" My scream echoed through campus and it howled in the wind like a wolf's howl. 

My eyes grazed over her wounds. She was stabbed in the stomach three times and on her chest was a message. 'To my sweet Blaire, this is what happens when you run.' There was no signature, no intial or anything but I was smart enough to know this was Elliot's doing. He needs help, he is a crazy, psycho, evil, dark maniac who needs to be stopped. 

"I WON'T RUN! YOU HEAR YOU PSYCHOPATH? I WON'T RUN. JUST LEAVE ME!" I cried weakly before a strong sob choked out of me. "ALONE" The wind started blowing as my hair flew around my face and the smell of rotting eggs filled my nose. People from campus came running out to Emily who was still throwing up and they rushed over to me. I was now throwing up. Mrs. Jones came to me and once she saw Avery's body she smirked? But frowned as she turned to me. She rubbed my back lightly and she hugged me as I cried uncontrollably. 

.Elliot.

She seemed really upset though. 

I was arguing with my mind. 

No I understand I get it, she needed to learn her lesson but her best friend? That was a little extreme. 

But you did not want Avery to interfere with your relationship with Blaire. 

True. 

I was extatic even though she was sad. She promised she would not run from me! 

The door to my room dedicated to Blaire opened and in came Emily. My sweet Em. "That was a little extreme." She smiled. "But I hated Avery anyways. But the real question is where is my money? I am gone after tomorrow." Emily asked. I was a little upset that Emily was leaving me she was such a good little spy. I handed her the money I owed her and she hopped onto my table. "So when are you even getting her anyways?" Emily asked obnoxiously as she counted her money. 

"Soon. I hope. As soon as she learns I am the master of the game." I replied. I honestly could not be more excited for the day that she would be mine. I would wisk her away and lock her away from the rest of the world. It will be perfect. 

"Ok. I gotta go. See ya Elliot. Have fun with Blaire. Oh also her favorite pasta is the bow tie pasta." Em smiled and waved as she left my building. Leaving me to conspire my plan to kidnap my love. 

"Honey?" My mom knocked on my door. I had just finished typing the list of Blaire's allergies. 

"yeah mom?" I asked as I stood up to open the door. 

"I have the stuff you wanted. Here is her file. Sorry it took so long it was locked in the safe as one of the imortant files for some reason." My mom said as she handed me the file. Truth be told my mom did not like me that much but she wanted me to be happy so I could leave her to her work. I told her that I wanted a girl from her school when the voice in my mind first came. That was around age fifteen but every girl I wanted or tried to get would move away. But as soon as I saw Blaire it was like an angel slapped me in the face. I just wanted her so bad. 

"All good. Mom is it normal to be allergic to lysol?" I questioned. 

"I don't really know but I have heard the horror stories of Blaire touching lysol in the science labs. Her hands burn and it feels like her skin is on fire." 

"Hmm." I sighed. "Did you take care of her family?" I asked. 

"Oh uh yeah. I mean she only had her grandma left but she was on her deathbed anyways. I mean the only reason the grandma sent her away was so that she never had to see her like that." 

"Sad." I commented. My poor Blaire. 

I want her. 

Me too, but you know as well as I do we have to wait. 

I hated it when my mind didn't get what we wanted. It made me mad and impatient. 

I hate waiting. 

Me too. 

.Blaire.

How could I sleep? How could I eat? Not only was my best friend in the world dead, but I found out that Emily is leaving campus. 

So that means Elliot will be able to get me at anytime now. I heard a slight ring in my ear as I thought about how that ring that only lasted a second sounded like a phone. 

I yawned in my bed and fell asleep. But I was soon awake. I heard something I know I did. I open my eyes and through the dark I can make out a dark figure. They got up from the edge of my bed and got closer to me. "GET AWAY FROM ME" I cried. "Gosh Elliot stay away from me." I sobbed. 

.Elliot.

It was time to begin step one.

It was time my love.