Chapter 5

A/N: You will be rewarded for your patience in chapter 6. I promise.

~/~/~/~

Camila stepped closer to the door in hopes of catching any bit of Lauren's phone conversation. Her desire to know everything always did seem to get the best of her, but it was more of Lauren's solemn expression that held her concern.

"Yeah. I know...Of course I will...No, Adrianne. I...Will you listen to me for one second?...Thank you. I will. You know I will, but today isn't a good d-...I'm working!" The diva noted the emotional strain in her voice even as she tried to hush it. "Look, just call me later. I need to get back to this...bye."

Camila moved back to the sofa and acted as if she was oblivious when Lauren entered. "Everything okay?" Time to see if this new Lauren was not only calm, but truthful. "Did you need to leave?"

"No." Lauren shook her head and scrunched her face. "No. It was nothing dire like that. Just someone is need of a letter of recommendation for a new job. Apparently my thoughts and opinions now mean something in the world." Camila thought that was plausible. "It can wait until tomorrow though. Are you ready for the next set up?"

"Mhmm." Camila nodded and stood, walking out of the room as Lauren held the door with one hand and the other lightly grazing the small of the diva's back in a guiding motion as she passed. Chills raced up her spine. "Same poses?"

"Uh, we will go back to the stool but instead of sitting on it, I want you to lean against it. Use it as more of a prop than a seat."

Camila arched an eyebrow as they took their places. "Don't have the legs to show off this time."

God bless maturity, Lauren thought as she readied her camera. These joke would have never flown in high school. Especially not after Camila learned Lauren was gay. "Yeah. All three miles of them. For a shorty you have the longest legs I have ever seen."

Camila smiled away her blush as she shifted her weight against the stool. "I like my legs, thank you very much."

I do too. "All those hours on your elliptical, right?"

"Can't argue with the results. Mock me all you want." The diva teased, amazed at her own involvement in the amount of flirting happening. She was flirting with a woman. Not just any woman, but Lauren Jauregui.

"I won't mock you." Lauren replied as she snapped a few shots. I'd like to do a lot things to you, but not mock you.

"Do you plan on keeping your studio in New York? I have heard that you have had offers to go out to LA."

The photographer halted her actions and stood straight in surprise. "How did you..."

Camila took the lull in photo taking to actually sit on the stool and rest her feet. "Please. You think I would find out you would be photographing my editorial and not do some research? I thought you knew me better than that. But are you?"

Lauren knew that was how Camila worked. She just never assumed she was important enough for the diva's efforts. "I don't know. I don't really have any reason to go all the way out there. Beside work, there's nothing there for me." She explained moving closer for the conversation. "As odd as it sounds, New York feels more like home to me. More so than Miami even."

"Really?" Camila loved New York and would willingly live there every day for the rest of her life but home was still in Miami with her mom & dad. Maybe if they were here things would be different. "When was the last time you went back?"

"To Miami?" Lauren raised her eyebrows in amusement. "I haven't. Been everywhere but Miami."

Camila could understand why but it didn't stop her from asking the question. "Why not?"