Chapter 58

A/N: Hope you all enjoy and as always, thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Especially with this time jump, I'm interested in knowing what you think.

~/~/~/~

"Who keeps texting you?" Kim asked as she washed her and Adrianne's breakfast dishes while her girlfriend snickered from her spot at the table.

"Lauren. She's trying so hard to focus on planning with Camila but she could honestly not care any less about flowers right now. One thing that woman can't do besides cook, is keep a plant alive. You know she actually killed a cactus once? How? I don't know. You hardly have to even water the thing."

"But she still there with her, right? Camila was getting worried about her running off so much."

Adrianne's smile dropped and she furrowed her brow at the side of her girlfriend's face. "When did she say this?"

"Last week, after Lauren told her not to talk about the wedding while in the studio. She came into the office and vented a little bit to me. It is all completely understandable though."

"Makes me want to elope is what it is." The apprentice joked as she typed her reply. "But, yes. She's there, dedicated in her attendance, faltering in her enthusiasm. She's trying though."

Kim shook her head, clearly on Camila's side of things... of all things. It was no surprise to either of them whose side each ended up falling on. "She shouldn't have to 'try'. This is her wedding. I thought she was so excited about it in the beginning."

"She was and still is." Adrianne assured her. "I mean, you have to see it from a distance. Take your idol worship of Camila out of it." Kim glared over her shoulder but Adrianne shrugged off the look. "You remember how excited she was when her daughter showed up. She was bouncing all over the place and Camila had to literally hold her still. That's how Lauren works. The more excited she is the more... antsy she gets."

"That doesn't make any sense. You're trying to excuse her inability to pick out flowers because she just 'so damn excited'?"

"Yes."

"How does that work?" Kim asked getting a little frustrated herself. She was partially frustrated because of the fact that Camila was upset, and understandably so in her mind. But the other frustration came from the fact that Adrianne constantly took Lauren's side.

"If you take somebody with that much excitement, that much pent up energy and try and sit them down for an hour... to look at pictures of flowers no less, they are going to go crazy." Adrianne explained as her phone bussed again. "She needs something to occupy her mind as well as her energy to stay focused. Take her to where the flowers are grown or displayed and let her walk around and she'd be perfectly fine."

"I have a question then. A hypothetical question." Kim stated, wiping her hands dry and moving to the counter that separated the kitchen from the dinning area of her apartment. "If it was you in Camila's place and Lauren was acting like this...?"

The apprentice huffed a laugh and set her phone down. "I would have killed her by now."

Kim smiled in victory. "Thank you."

"I never said that Camila shouldn't be annoyed with her." Adrianne clarified, standing up and walking into the kitchen. "By all means. I was just explaining why she is having such a difficult time trying to sort through the endless selection of flowers to find just the right one."

"Okay..." Kim began as her girlfriend pinned her against the counter, one hand on each side of her waist and kissed her lightly. "So, explanation aside, you agree that Camila has every right to be frustrated and a little hurt?"