Chapter 97

A/N: It is indeed short. Still just over 3,000 words, but compared to the typical 4-5,000, it's short. Sorry.

Here is a Camren family moment. More discussion of the nursery. Normani's first appearance. Development of the rumors. No Adrianne & Kim. Sorry.

Thank you and enjoy.

~/~/~/~

"It's missing something," Camila stated as she stood in the nursery. "And put your mask back on. There are still fumes in here."

"Well open a window then," Lauren stated as she replaced her mask back on her face. They had just finished repainting the nursery. First, it had been yellow, then green, then a cream, now it was a shade of baby blue. It was all incredibly cliche but Camila couldn't even argue that it was one that she gladly fell into... Until now that she looked at it.

"I don't like this color. And something really is missing." Camila didn't realize how excited she would be to have a baby boy on the way. She had always envisioned her and Lauren sitting on the couch, cradling a little girl wrapped in pink in their arms. But there was something different about having a boy. She was excited, but there was this undefinable thing that stuck in her stomach that she knew was different. It was a good different though. It was definitely good.

"What's missing? You know, besides furniture and wall decorations."

The brunette looked around the room. "You."

Lauren arched an eyebrow at her wife.

"Your touch, I should say. There are photos throughout the house, and then the mural in your office. This room just seems bare in comparison."

"I don't think a baby would appreciate my photos like you do though, Babe."

"Well... figure something else out." She ordered diva-like, moving over to stand next to Lauren and placing a hand on her protruding belly. Nearly halfway there. "I want him to have part of you in here. He's already going to have me with the decorations. He needs you now. Maybe... maybe you could reach into that poetic mind of yours and pull something out that we can paint on the wall or something... Once we find the right color that is."

"That I can do."

"Good. Now, hold your breath so I can get a kiss from you." Lauren rolled her eyes and pulled her mask down to receive the peck on her lips. "Thank you. Now I've got to jump in the shower and get to the theater."

Lauren let out a long, mournful sigh.

"Don't give me that. At least this is paying some of the bills now since your checks are going to the studio remodel and you've cut back on your work to do so. I'm paying the bills now."

"I'm pregnant with our child."

"I know. And I love you for it. But, that means I have to go make out with women for a living. It's a challenge, but I'm willing to do it for you and our little boy."

Lauren shook her head and even though her mouth was covered by the mask, Camila could tell by her eyes that she was smiling. "You think you're cute, but you're not."

"I'm adorable as hell, right?"

"I wouldn't even go that far."

Camila shook her head in disapproval and grabbed Lauren's hand. She guided her out of the room, shutting the door behind them. After a few more steps she positioned the raven-haired by her shoulders against the wall by the downstairs bathroom. Lauren arched an eyebrow in curiosity as Camila pulled off her mask and dropped it to the ground behind her. The brunette just smiled as she lifted up on her toes and captured her wife's lips in a slow, sensual kiss, grinning through it all. There had always been the height difference to compete with when kissing Lauren, but not that she couldn't mold their bodies together because of the baby bump, kissing was a little bit more awkward when she instigated it. She brought one hand up and cupped Lauren's face while she pressed the other to the wall by Lauren's head for support as the caress intensified and their bodies pressed up against one another as much as they could.