VIII

word count; 2046

[ O C T A V I A ]

I spent a good half of my morning staring at the clock that hung on the kitchen wall, watching the hours tick by slowly. It didn't do me any good. I felt incredibly sick to my stomach the entire time.

Even Rosie could tell I wasn't alright. She kept crawling up and down my arm, almost like she was trying to calm my nerves. I just clasped my hand over her.

Dad left for work about an hour ago. It was currently half past noon. I had around three hours or so before the boys got home.

I was greatly confused by how calm Xavier was, when I told him about what I saw. All these years of calling me harmful things and saying I was dangerous, and now . . . now I don't know what to expect.

Part of me wants to believe that Xavier really is looking out for Octavien today, but deep down, something inside tells me something isn't right. Part of me is saying there's more to Xavier's kindness.

Sometimes to get a little you have to give a little.

I spent an hour in my room, lying on my bed, staring up at the ceiling. The house was too quiet for my liking. My nerves were beginning to get the best of me.

I sat up, letting the blood rush down, making my head spin a little. I planted my feet on the floor, and stood, heading into the hall. I tripped over my feet on the way out, and found myself falling.

I landed with a thud on a patch of soft grass. The sun loomed over top, casting bright rays of sunshine down upon the earth. I was outside again. This place seemed oddly familiar.

I pushed myself up, and spun around, scanning my surrounding. "LEAVE HIM ALONE!" Someone yelled.

"Xavier?" I mumbled. I glanced up. Two boys [ the ones with dark brown hair ] were holding him back while he struggled. The blonde one was holding someone under the water, I could see their arms flailing around.

"LET HIM GO! OCTAVIEN!"

Panic filled my chest. My vision had changed. Now Xavier was involved. "Xavier!" I yelled. "Leave him be!" I screamed rather loudly, but they didn't hear me.