XVIII

A/N: I apologize for not updating until now, I've had extreme writer's block with with story and I don't like the way it's going, and it needs to be edited but, here's an update for you all.

word count; 2304

[ O C T A V I A ]

After getting lost multiple in the hellish maze, I finally found my way back to the lab Fiona had brought me to on my first night here. I stood anxiously outside the door, rocking back and forth on my heels. I wanted to reach up and knock on the door until someone opened it, but my arms were frozen by my side. I didn't know what I was going to say exactly when I saw Gordie, it's not like I had planned it in my mind - that I prepared a speech in my head, and how I prayed he stuck to the script. No, I didn't know what I was going to say when I saw him. It probably won't even sound like English.

I stared at the steel door for seemed like forever before actually knocking, and when the door did open, it was Max who opened it and not Gordie. He seemed surprised to see me. "Octavia . . . what are you doing here?" He asked, glancing around. What was he looking for.

"I need to talk to Gordie." I said, not giving him any details.

"About what?" He asked again.

"It's important."

"Okay . . ." he trailed off. "I can't let you in, technically speaking, it's against the rules." He said, his voice dropping.

I raised an eyebrow. "Don't you want to know what I can do?" I asked him. If I had to use blackmail to get what I wanted - which was Gordie - then I was going to use it.

Max huffed. "Come on in." He stepped aside, and allowed me into the lab. Well that was easier than I thought it would be.

The lab was still cluttered from the last time I had saw it. I didn't really get a good chance to look around. And I didn't have the time now, either. "Where's Gordie?"

"He's running some errand for Ellana." Max explained, uninterested. "He'll be back soon." He hopped up onto one of the desks. "So," he took a bite of an apple I hadn't seen him grab. "What are you exactly?"

I sat down on the closet thing, which thankfully was a chair. "Aside from being s total threat to the Capital, and being a black widow, which by the way my family has no clue about, I think I might also be a banshee." Way to be blunt about it Octavia, good going.

Max's mouth hung open a little bit, the apple in his hand seconds away from falling. He suddenly straightened up, and took another bite, chewing quickly. "Well then." He said. "How'd you figure that out?"