X

word count; 1988

{ A/N: I apologize in advance for the switch in point of views. }

[ X A V I E R ]

"Where is she?" I asked, turning around to face Octavien.

"I d-don't know." He stammered. "What the hell happened in here!" He looked frantically around her room, staring at the mess that lied before us.

"I don't know! She was here an hour ago! She couldn't have just vanished!" I exclaimed. "She couldn't have."

We glanced around her room. "There has to be some sign of her, any clues to tell us where she went." I said. I walked over to her dresser and pulled open one of her drawers. My eyes widened. "Holy f-"

I jumped back. There was a tiny black widow spider in the top dresser drawer. It was a female, I could tell by the distinct red hour glass. She crawled forward, her front legs outreached.

"What?" Octavien asked, coming over. He took on look and jumped back as well. "Jesus!" He hollered. "What the hell is she doing with a spider in her drawer?!"

"I don't know!"

"Octavien! Xavier! Why the hell are you yelling so loud?!" Our mother shouted. I slammed the dresser drawer shut, and tried to calm my breathing.

"She's gone!" I yelled loud enough for them to hear.

"Who's gone?" Dad asked.

"Octavia! She's not in her room!" Octavien yelled back. "She's missing!"

There were loud footsteps, and mum and dad came running into the room. Both their eyes widened, and mum looked dead ready to faint at what she saw. "Oh my." She gasped.

"Boys, what did you do to her?" Dad asked, calmly. I could tell he was internally freaking out, but remained composed for mum's sake.

"Nothing!" Octavien shouted. "We didn't do anything. She was in here, by herself!"

"She's missing!" I added, grabbing my hair and pulling on it. "She was in here and hour ago. I was sitting right there!" I pointed to where I had been sitting in the hall. "I didn't see her come out and I didn't hear her leave her room! She just vanished."

"No, that's impossible. Your sister can't just vanished into thin air!" Mother shouted.

"Then where is she?" Octavien and I demanded.

"We have to call the capital." Dad muttered.

"Victor! We can't!" Mum said. "They'll take her away from us, you know that!"

"What do you suggest we do then? Go out there ourselves? Break the law. The capital would have a better chance at finding her than us! We'd never find her on our own!"

"Mum, dad's right," I said. "We can't just wander about the city in the middle of the god damn night! And what are we supposed to tell them? 'Oh we're looking for my sister, she just vanished into thin air!' They'd lock us all up!"