Chapter Twelve

•Mare POV•

*1 month later*

It's the same thing every day. Wake up, get dressed, eat breakfast alone, lessons, eat lunch alone, more lessons, eat dinner alone, and sleep. Maven doesn't bother to talk to me or even visit for a few minutes. It's like nothing has changed since I was free from my cell. I'm very lonely, but it's better than being locked up.
       The wedding is in one week and I'm terrified. I have one week to escape or I'm stuck with Maven forever. I have get out of here now.
I wander down the empty halls with only my guards as company. Little do they know, I'm planning my escape. I'm memorizing every exit and every stationed guard.
     I have to get rid of my guards first, but it won't be easy. There are six of them that never take their eyes of me. One magnetron, two silences, an eye, a telky, and a strongarm constantly are at my side. I'm nothing to them without my lightning. Though, I have to get this Silent Stone necklace off before I can escape.
     "Mare, my love," Maven says as he rounds a corner.
     "It's been so long since I've seen you last," I say sweetly.
     "I know, I've just been so busy. That will all change once we get married," he says and puts and arm around my waist.
     "I hope so," I lie. He won't be seeing me ever again if my plan works.
     Maven turns his attention away from me and to my guards. "Everything alright? No problems?"
     He doesn't trust me, and he shouldn't. I would been out of here a month ago if it wasn't for my guards.
     "No problems," the magnetron confirms. "She hasn't tried anything yet."
    "Yet?" I ask him. "You think I would harm the man I love and try to escape? I could never do that to him."
     Maven nods at me as I lie. He doesn't know the truth because he's blinded by his obsession for me. The magnetron gives me a look of distrust and looks to Maven.
     "You're right Mare," Maven agrees. "I don't think you need so many guards. All of you but the Arvens are dismissed."
     I almost let out a sigh of relief but stop myself. Maven is smarter than this and he would never do that. What game is he playing at? Sure, I still have to deal with two Arvens, but I can still get away from them.
     "Thank you, Maven," I say genuinely.
     "Of course. I'm afraid I must leave you now," he says and plants a kiss on my lips.
     I watch him walk away and realize that I may never see him again. I smile to myself and silently say goodbye to him. Things just got a lot easier and I will be out of here in a few days.

<><><><><><>

Boring chapter, I know sorry. But things are about to get exciting in the next chapter. Spoiler alert: Mare possibly escapes. Or maybe not😈
Haha I'll update as soon as possible but I'm supposed to be writing a 15 page paper rn so who knows when I'll have time to update again.  Till next time lovelies💕
Xx Hanna