CHAPTER NINE

DID YOU GUYS SEE EPISODE 10?!?!?! IT WAS SO GOOD I CANNOT WAIT FOR EPISODE 11.

Here is the next chapter guys. Thank you guys so much for voting and commenting on my book. It means a lot to have so much love from you guys so early on in the book.

This update is actually in the khushi of 500 reads and 75 votes!! I'm so so happy and proud of the support my readers give, so please don't stop!

Dedicated to Sanjana_rfd because she's my babe and I love her to bits.

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sakinah's POV

I was standing in a place I'd never seen before. Confused, I glanced down at myself to find that I was clad in a stark white salwar kameez, the dupatta fluttering in the light wind.

I looked up to find myself standing on the bank of a river, twinkling with under the warm twilight of the moon. Flowers bloomed along the sides, catching the light. Quite a distance off, a tree, heavy with twisted branches and leaves stood guard. Lush green grass, spotted with yellow, dead patches in some places was all that I could see in the darkness of the night. I registered the strangeness. I'd never seen the moon so bright, that it illuminated so much of the landscape.

On an impulse, I started walking alongside the river, enjoying the serenity. The river sang as it lapped at the sides. As I walked further, my eyes made out another figure walking from the opposite direction, towards me.

It was a man, one whose body was still cloaked in shadow. He stopped right near the tree, revealing his matching white clothes. The t-shirt stretched across his broad shoulders, tapering to a narrow waist. His hands were shoved deep in his pockets. His face remained anonymous to me.

"Kon hai?" I called out to no avail. Hesitantly, I took another step forward. I was only a few feet away from him. "Who are you?" I repeated.

"Sakinah," He called my name in a familiar tone. Where had I heard that voice?

"How do you know my name? Who are you?" Strangely, I felt no fear that this man knew my name, instead straining to remember why he sounded so familiar.

"Sakinah," He repeated.

"Mera naam kyun lete jaa rahe ho? Tumhaara khud ka nahi hai, kya?"

He chuckled, a deep sound that had shivers running down my spine. His shoulders shook with light movement. "Main tumhaara hi ek hissa hoon. Jahaan tum, wahaan main." He must've seen my confused look because he laughed again. "I live in your heart, paagal."

His voice bent to take on a serious note. "There's a lot cluttering your mind, I know that. Mujhe pata hai ke tum bohot darr rahi ho mujhse. Mujh par bharosa karne se darti ho. Mujhse mohabbat karne se darti ho. Aur uss se bhi zyaada tum apne aap se, apne jazbat se darr rahi ho. Par ek baat zaroor yaad rakhna, main hamesha tumhaare saath hoon, koi bhi haalat mein, koi bhi mushkilaat mein."

"Tum kaise mere saath ho sakte ho? Main tumhein jaanti tak nahi!" I cried, feeling frustrated at my inability to recognize him.

"Tum mujhe jaanti ho, dil ke andar jhaank kar toh dekho."

"Main nahi jaanti-" I started to protest before cutting off as his words sunk in.

"Mujhse mohabbat karne se darti ho."

Ek hi ladka hai aisa.

"Shehry," I breathed out. He let out that beautiful laugh again and stepped out of the shadow, his face becoming clear to me. The moonlight danced across the hollows in his cheeks and bounced off his defined jawline, making him look like an unearthly angel. He smiled and pulled one of his hands out of his pockets, extending it towards me.