CHAPTER FIFTEEN

SURPRISEEEEEE. IT'S MEEEE.

I updated about a week and a half earlier than normal. ;) My school is starting soon, and I know I won't be able to write much, so have this extra-extra long chapter from me xD <3

Thank you so much for all the support that you all are giving me on this book despite the slow updates, I appreciate it so so much. You guys keep me going <3 All of you that give me in-line comments, I love you so much, because those comments are so much fun to read <3 Thanks to you all, we are now at 2.5K readers!!!

Song for this chapter: Bulleya from Ae Dil Hai Mushkil

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shehry's POV

I stared at Hussain's retreating back, shocked at the force of his rage. Hussain always had a short temper, but this was something entirely different. This was coming from an emotion, something that I couldn't put my finger on and I didn't like it. Hussain had always been transparent to me, and this shift made me wary.

I was there in the living room when he'd come back from wherever he'd gone and I'd noticed the conflicted agitation on his face, the tension in his broad shoulders and the twitching in his fingers that only happens when he desperately needs comfort. I'd noticed it despite his efforts to hide it.

My mind kept flipping over his words, trying to make sense of them.

Yeh tujhe kya ho gaya Shehry? Tune hi toh faisla liya tha ke ab uss se doori bardasht nahi hoti. Toh phir yeh kya tha?

In the heat of the argument, I managed to blurt out the one thing that had been bugging me deep down, ever since I made that decision. Today, Hussain managed to force it out of me without even trying and I was put face-to-face with my worst fear.

Me.

Suddenly, all the what-ifs that stemmed from that fear were assaulting my mind.

What if I lost her?

What if I find myself unable to live without her?

What if I mess everything up and lose her forever?

What if she doesn't reciprocate my feelings?

Feeling suffocated, I nearly ran into my own adjacent room and threw open the windows to let the chilly air in. I gripped the railing tightly until I thought the skin on my knuckles was going to break from the pressure. The anxiety in my chest wrapped around my lungs, squeezing hard. My breathing deepened in an attempt to get enough oxygen to think.

A glass of water made itself known in front of me. I followed the hand to reveal Hussain.

He wasn't looking at me, instead looking out at the restricted view in front of us. His strong jaw was set tight in anger and the muscle in his cheek kept twitching. Amusingly, the slight tremble in his hand was still there. I lowered my gaze to the glass and silently took it, wrapping my fingers around the cold rim.

"Pee le." Hussain said. I did as he said, the cold water travelling down my throat easily. I licked my lips, not realizing how parched they had been.

When did he become the older brother?

"Jab bade bewakoof ban kar kaam kar rahe hote hai, tab chote, samajhdaar logon ko beech mein aana hi padhta hai." He said, finally locking eyes with me. I realized that I'd spoken out loud and looked away in shame.

"Bewakoofi nahi hai Hussain. Mujhe darr lagta hai."

Hussain sighed, some of the tightly coiled muscles loosening. "Darr zindagi ki ehmiyat aur bhi badha deta hai. Yeh tune hi mujhe sikhaya tha." He paused. "Papa se chura ke." We both let out a small chuckle. "Darr ke saamne ek qadam badhoge, aage ke dus qadam bohot aasan ho jaayenge. Aisa nahi hai ke main nahi samajhta teri takleef, aur aisa bhi nahi hai ke main keh raha hoon ke aisa sochna irrational aur stupid hai. Tera yeh sochna jaiz hai, bilkul jaiz hai. Lekin agar aaj tune khud ko rok diya iss wajah se, toh zindagi bhar tu sochta he reh jaayega ke kaash khud ke khauf se Sakinah jaisi ladki haath se jaane naa deta."