CHAPTER TWELVE

Assalamualaikum guys!!!!

Here's the next update but before that, there is something I want to say. All those silent readers, I really need you all to speak up. I have no idea whether you all are enjoying my story or not, and I have no idea what I should to do improve. I want to hear from the audience what you feel needs to be improved. This does not mean criticize the storyline, but rather, trying to help me improve the style and flow of the story. Please please please speak up guys, I won't know unless you do. Your silent support is commendable but at the same token, I am at a point where I really need feedback. So please help me out here so I can provide you with better content. THANK YOU 😊😊😊😊

Also, check out this video by another very talented friend of mine:

I know that I'm promoting other people's content on my book, but I don't see any harm xD talent is talent and it needs to be expressed, in any form possible. Enjoy the video!!

And more than that, enjoy this update 😉😉😉

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sakinah's POV

I stirred, groaning at my stiff neck and the unusual heat. I placed my hand on my pillow, snuggling closer into the bed.

Since when is my pillow so hard?

My eyes shot open instantly to find myself sprawled all over Shehry's chest. My hand was placed on top of his heart, the steady rhythm soothing, almost lulling me back to sleep. My hair was scattered over his shoulder and chest. His arm was wrapped around my waist, holding me tight against him, as if he was afraid I would leave him and run away. Moving up, I found him starting to wake up. Light stubble had appeared on his jawline. He peered at me through sleepy eyes, probably wondering how we found ourselves in this predicament.

"What happened?" Shehry said in a deep, tired morning voice.

"Woh-I'm-Main," I blubbered incoherently as I tried to free myself from the compromising position. He loosened his grip around my waist. I got up, heat and embarrassment flooding my body.

"I'm s-sorry." I stuttered, unable to meet his eyes. He laughed lightly.

"It's okay, no need to say sorry." He stood up, yawning and stretching his arms. As he stretched, his shirt rode up, revealing a strip of tan, muscular skin. I turned away from him as my face flamed beet red, my hands jittering with nerves.

This cannot be healthy so early in the morning.

"Woh-woh main-main vaisi ladki nahi hoon, pata nahi k-k-kab aankh l-lag gayi," I continued jabbering until his hands on my shoulders, turning me back to face him, shut me up.

"It's okay. Calm down." His eyes peered straight into me. "Chill out. Aur vaise saare nikamme idhar hi hai. Agar kuch hua hota, toh kya ho sakta tha?" I took a look around the room and realized that he was right.

Rizwan and Sabrina were slumped over each other in the far corner, snoring with no abandon. Waqas was laying half on the couch and half on the ground, his foot resting on a sleeping Atif's stomach. Fauzia was curled up in the armchair, Hussain asleep on the ground in front of it, mouth hanging wide open.

"Yeh living room ka kya hasher banaya hua hai sab ne?" I muttered, bending down to pick up stray pieces of trash. Shehry brought a trash bag in front of me. I dumped it in there, smiling gratefully and dusting off my hands.