CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

Assalamualaykum!

I hope you are all in the best of health and that all of you are striving towards your goals and personal development!

This chapter is very dear to me, and hopefully, to you guys at well xD. Leave me a bunch of in-line comments please! I love reading what you guys think <3

Rukhsaar's wedding dress is in the media, and I've hidden the girl's face for her privacy. But I love this dress so much.

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Twenty-Four

Ayaan's POV

The next day, Aapi had all of us up and running at 7 o'clock. By the time the five ladies left in the morning, Khala had assigned all of us work to prepare the house for tomorrow's mehendi.

We stared blankly at the piles of rose and marigold garlands Fauzia and Sabrina had bought the day before.

"Iss se hum kya karenge?"

"Ghar sajayenge, aur kya? Rizwan, get the big ladder out of the storage, the garlands will have to be hung from the roof lining. Shaadi wala ghar nazar bhi toh aana chahiye." Khalu instructed, bending down to pick up one of the garlands.

"These marigold garlands need to be hung from the roof, and since you're tallest, you can get on up there." Khalu shooed me out of the door, shoving a bunch of the garlands in my arms.

I spit a petal out of my mouth, huffing.

"Huff puff nahi karna, pehle khud ki aag lagi thi, aur humse overtime karwa raha hai." Rizwan scowled playfully.

"Tameez se mere saath baahir chalo. I won't be able to hang these up alone." I made him come with me, leaving Khalu looking at the remaining decorations with a calculated look. Rizwan followed me, grumbling all the way.

Carefully, I climbed up the ladder, calling down to Rizwan. "Theek se pakro, abhi toh meri shaadi bhi nahi hui." I laughed at my own joke. Rizwan looked at me disbelieving before letting out an exaggerated laugh.

"Haha, very funny." He rolled his eyes, passing me a garland.

Slowly but surely, we hung up all the flowers, decorating the roof's lining and the windows. Even the mailbox was decorated with a few garlands of flowers.

Rizwan and I stood back under the blazing heat, admiring the work we'd done It had taken us two hours to get all of the house decorated, and it was genuinely looking like a "shaadi-wala-ghar," as Khalu had put it. Sweat dripped from my brow as I observed the handiwork.

"Wow, Maa Shaa Allah, it looks great." The man in question walked outside to inspect our work. Khalu had always had a scrutinizing gaze, but today, it seemed even more critical.

"Are you done analysing the outdoor of the house? Can we start on the indoor?" I asked dryly, a color of sarcasm tinging my voice. The girls had already decorated it partially, but there were a few things left.

Khalu glanced at his watch. "Humaira aur baaki ladkiyon ke aane mein abhi ek ghanta hai. We'll decorate as much as we can by then."

Rizwan and I picked up all the supplies we dragged out and followed Khalu back into the house. "Didn't you already get started on it?"

"Yeah but I'm an old man and there's only so much I can do." Khalu snorted, backing away from us to pick up a cup of tea. The steam coming out of it proved that he'd spent more time making tea than working on anything else.